Daily Photos - Part 13

Yanping old street 延平老街:
synapticism.com/yanping-old-street/

I wouldn’t have heard of this place at all were it not for someone commenting about an old cinema in Xiluo… (and those photos are still to come!)

Taroko National Park

Neidong waterfall, Wulai

lingonberries (Finland)

tiny Conocybe mushrooms (Finland)

flickr.com/photos/papaija2008/

Butterflies in Wulai

A sunshower in rural Chiayi:
synapticism.com/a-sun-shower-in-rural-chiayi/

Crazy caterpillar in Miaoli:
synapticism.com/crazy-caterpillar/

A rusty old mailbox in Jingmei:
synapticism.com/a-rusty-old-mailbox-in-jingmei/

sorry that Forumosa haven’t informed me this reply…just read this thread now.
Hokwongwei is right. I haven’t noticed how beautiful tw is until I see all you guys’ amazing pictures.
Highly appreciate the sharing. :laughing:

Really?

[/quote]

I think he/she meant the nature part of Taiwan, not the manmade landscapes. :wink:[/quote]
btw, Blaquemith: so did I give a “like” on that photo? I can’t remember…and so many pages…lol.

Somewhere in Taipei

A whole slew of good stuff since I last logged in. Way to go, guys.

I have about a billion pictures waiting for upload… I’ll try to keep it streamlined as possible.

That one of the traffic (2 posts above) is a really good snap. I like how the headlights of people near the front make stars.

^ Thanks!

Baoan Temple, Taipei, Taiwan:

OK, here goes a long and running series from Czech Republic and Austria.

Somewhere over UAE

Now on to Prague: St. Wenceslas in the rain

Gallant swans

Charles Bridge

I miss Europe so bad. :S

[sigh] I do, too, and I was only there two weeks.

Let me take this opportunity to sneakily post a second “photos of the day” selection:

Stunningly beautiful “Spanish” Synagogue:

The Old-New Synagogue is supposedly the resting place of the Golem of Jewish folklore, but I wasn’t allowed into the attic to check for myself.

Try to imagine horses walking down Linsen N. Rd…

I really wish Taipei looked like this.

I want to do a photo mash-up where I find similar themes in Taipei and compare them to Prague equivalents. If I can get a 發財車 (blue truck) from the same angle as that horse-drawn carriage, that would be a good one. Any other suggestions?

“Spanish” syangoge? it looks like one in Praha (or Prague or whatever)…

Hey, I was just reading about that in Adventures of Kavalier and Klay, but in that book they were getting the golem to Lithuania for safe-keeping (away from the Nazis).

Yeah, coming back to Taipei cityscapes from European architecture can be a bit depressing.

Lovely photos! I think I want to see more … but they do make me feel bad about my current home.

Now I’m thinking that I sneaked into some synagoge or Jewish centre with somebody, somewhere. They were cellebrating something and I used to make this kind of things (now I’m becoming a much boring person). I remember some random chit chat with some Jewish fellow and perhaps some free food. I kinda think that it was in Poland…

It is in Prague, you are correct. It’s called the Spanish synagogue because the building is based on Moorish architecture from the Iberian peninsula. Fancy that – a Jewish temple modeled after a mosque.

That synagogue is amazing. Looks almost Byzantine.

and I miss Taiwan (and Asia in general) so bad :slight_smile: