Daily Photos - Part 13

Daxi, in Northern Yilan.

that photo of the Turtle Island is amazing. The one with fishers reminds me of a photo I took

Too bad it doesn’t look like a turtle from that area of Yilan xD
I need to wait a day with clear air and a few clouds, then I can go to the seaside next to where I live and take a more “turtle looking” pic.

back in the studio:

1A4A7123 by tmz_99, on Flickr

1A4A7110 by tmz_99, on Flickr

An “almost clear” full moon, yay!

And the first clear sunset of this summer for us Yilan-ers! The sun usually goes down behind the mountains and the last rays of light are covered by the clouds, today we had clouds above the mountains but the weather behind them was clear.

Some random stuff in Taipei.

The moonshot unfortunately doesn’t show the fullmoon, but when I took the pic of the fullmoon on Monday there was a bit of haze and it didn’t look that good. A couple of days ago the moon was missing a tiny piece but the air was pretty clear.

1 Like

[quote=“hansioux”]
[/quote]

This one looks so much like the Sport Park in Luodong.

Woah, why are the last images so much bigger than those I posted previously ?_? That’s weird.

One of the local harbours at low tide:

AA2T6685_6_tonemapped by tmz_99, on Flickr

AA2T6670_1_2_tonemapped by tmz_99, on Flickr

AA2T6664_5_6_tonemapped by tmz_99, on Flickr

and Xiangshan train station:

1A4A7591 by tmz_99, on Flickr

1A4A7614 by tmz_99, on Flickr

1A4A7542 by tmz_99, on Flickr

The gorge in Shin Liao is a funny place: no matter how’s the weather in the rest of Yilan, Shin Liao will have it worse.

Playing around in the studio after a few drinks… in retrospect I’m glad I didn’t burn the place down… :smiley: :smiley: (I did have an extinguisher handy just in case my lack of co-ordination got the best of me).

1A4A7700 by tmz_99, on Flickr

That looks so cool! Did you use any extra light pointed directly at the glasses? Or just backlight?

Backlight bouncing off the background only… had to do a second (longer) exposure to capture the flames…then blend with a multiply layer… :slight_smile:

First time in 2016 that I can see the Milky Way from my balcony, and it’s on the night before a typhoon. :laughing:

1 Like

Toucheng beach (Wai Ao?) the morning after typhoon Nepartak.

Few more images from the same location.

those waves look clouds!

here’s some shots I took at Pongso no Tao, right before the typhoon hit…