Daily photos - part IV

So, I guess we better start a new thread due to some unknown mishap that corrupted P.16 of part 3 …

I’ll post my vista of the Taipei basin again … shot from Yuenshan mountain in Sanxia, handheld from wide angle, 18 mm, over 70 mm to 300 mm on a very wind strong (gale force) but clear day … I guess visibility was soemwhere from 15-30 km …

Nice shots BP - I’m going to have to get up there at some stage.

Fengle Sculpture Park, Taichung

Cooking my Dinner

Just let me know, and I’ll show you around … but you need to coem on a ‘dry’ day when there is not to much haze, as this will limit the view distance by half … and if you’re into insects and macro photography there are some interesting thins to do up there …

I actually went up to do some macro but when I arrived it was such a clear day that I took advantage to make shoot the vista … last week Friday it wasn’t thaty clear at all …

Dragonfly … this things are so attractive to shoot …

Butterfly on the move

jeez BP, If I didnt know better Id have thought you stole that dragon fly and the sanxia shots right off my computer…mine are very close…

Sorry, didn’t mean to … :slight_smile: I’ve been waiting to get these shots since I bought my Sony Alpha … bought some extension tubes a few days ago to get better shots of the insects … but it’s not easy, they fly off before you get the right focus … it’s more difficult than flowers :wink:

Dragonfly … I love them, so esthetically balanced …

Grasshopper? or how you’d call them …

Great shots, bp. Love the last macro of the dragonfly.

I just got to taiwan in mid-august … I think today was probably the second day I’ve seen a blue sky. EVerything I’ve taken has turned out pretty hazy.

ANyway, yeah, I’m new around here, tHought I’d say hello. Here’s a wide view, taken from 四獸山 (Si Shou Shan) Sunday afternoon. I missed the sunset - probably try and go back this weekend.

Welcome to Taiwan and the board … your shot is taken to the back and right of 101 from my view point …

I’ll throw in a spider, picture made last week in Sindian mountains, going to Wulai at a small shrine alongside the road

These spiders grow huge … they even eat birds …

Poagao, the river pic I guess you made somewhere near Shulin/Sanxia, right?

Nice pics BTW …

You can see where I took it (near Yingge) via the links on the photo’s flickr page.

On a clear day you can see the 101 from a hell of a lot farther away than Sanshia…Check this shoot out from the back entrance to my complex all the way down in Yangmei.

Has got to be 60km+ in distance.

I didn’t post this for it’s artistic merits…Indeed, I didn’t even get off the motorcycle to take it. More for the naysayers who have told me many times it’s impossible to see the 101 from here.

MJB, on your pic Sanxia is somewhere in the middle to the right … here a view southwest …

[quote=“MJB”]On a clear day you can see the 101 from a hell of a lot farther away than Sanxia…Check this shoot out from the back entrance to my complex all the way down in Yangmei.

Has got to be 60km+ in distance.

I didn’t post this for it’s artistic merits…Indeed, I didn’t even get off the motorcycle to take it. More for the naysayers who have told me many times it’s impossible to see the 101 from here.[/quote]

No, just checked with google earth … 40 km approx. but hey it’s still great visibility …

To Yuenshan, Sanxia it’s 21 km …

Club TU ~ 09/30/06

hot girls :sunglasses:

Shih Ming-te and the Depose protests.

Few more.

Here’s the waterfall at Wu Lai (烏來). Nothing particularly exciting. And yes, I realize the feathered border is not even - I’ll fix eventually. Maybe.

I like that waterfall shot.

Da Kine, I hope you behaved youself and didn’t return home with more than one of those girls.

Temple:

(There are too many temple shots of Taiwan - this is my first and last :slight_smile:)

Tunnel: