Dating Filipinas

Only way to get around that one would be to renounce their citizenship, I think. Once ROC citizens with legal residency, I guess they could get the divorce here. It would probably not be valid in the Philippines, though.

Doesn’t matter what citizenship. Some people get around that by having their marriages annulled.

[quote=“mod lang”][quote=“SuchAFob”]Dating people based on race or nationality is so smart. And it’s a turn on too. I love it when local guys want to date me cuz I’m waiguoren.
You get slammed for it because you are choosing based on race. Not because of the race you choose.[/quote]

BTW, the original poster forgot about one other problem with dating Filipinas. They tend to be very, very, very Catholic. If you start dating one, remember that in her mind it’s all leading up to wedding bells. Many of them are virgins saving it up until they get that ring on their finger. Be careful.[/quote]

:thumbsup:

Are non-Filippinos welcome at these discos? Or if I walk in there (I’m white) will it be the cliche music stopping with the record scratching and everyone stops what they’re doing and stares at me thing?

Why don’t you speak Chinese to the ladies? This isn’t an English speaking country.

Hello I am very new in taiwn, live in taoyuan. Could you give me street name exact location 2 filipino diso and 3 thai diso on same street. It is bit inspiring to look your message. I am here to work for a year or 2 . I am a software developer, 35. It would also be nice if you give some references of filipino girls or thai. I work and live in Industrila area just a 1km away from train station. I am bored and trying to have catch some chicks.

Hello I am very new in taiwn, live in Taoyuan. Could you give me street name exact location 2 filipino diso and 3 thai disco on same street. It is bit inspiring to look your message. I am here to work for a year or 2 . I am a software developer, 35. It would also be nice if you give some references of filipino girls or thai. I work and live in Industrila area just a 1km away from train station. I am bored and trying to have catch some chicks here.

I have it on good authority that the best way to catch chicks is to get them at the post office. I don’t know if that’s the best for a 35 year old guy, but maybe it’ll work for you. This site I read says they sometimes get there on Sunday, and I have to agree that that’s not terribly convenient.
Then when you get them home you just need to make sure you’ve got a heat source and absorbent bedding. Well, that works for American chicks anyways but I’m sure it would be fine for like, Pinay chicks or Thai chicks or any kind of chicks you want. This website says you need to basically clear your schedule for 4 weeks though, which I think is a bit excessive, but as far as I can tell these people have had really good luck with chicks (enough to make a website about it) so they’re the experts. Here, you can check it out yourself: http://www.mypetchicken.com/backyard-chickens/chicken-care/chapter-4-caring-for-baby-chicks.aspx

Best of luck to you!

nonono. Mail-order chicks is not the way to go, SE Asian or otherwise. Chicks need their mothers, otherwise they fade away and die, heat lamp or no. Just free range them and they’ll be fine, doing whatever chicks do. They will be happy chicks and will eventually produce lots of eggs. Do you have a cock? It’s important have a cock. Viola - more chicks than you know what to do with.

If you’re into sleeping with the chicks your chicks produce after sleeping with you :ohreally:
Oh wait, I’m getting mixed up now…

I met a pinay one time by being at a net cafe (yes so quaint nowadays). Does anyone remember those?

Stuck at one in the wee hours (last bus home was gone and taxi too expensive) and this pinay was next to me. Seems she was bored (she can take a taxi home as its not that far to her place) but she was maxing out her Sunday (this was essentially Monday already).

Shes chatting with her online friend and im chatting with my online friend. After awhile i thought why not chat with her?

Go where they hang out. PInays speak english. Shouldn’t be a problem to hook up with one of them.

[quote=“tommy525”]I met a pinay one time by being at a net cafe (yes so quaint nowadays). Does anyone remember those?

Stuck at one in the wee hours (last bus home was gone and taxi too expensive) and this pinay was next to me. Seems she was bored (she can take a taxi home as its not that far to her place) but she was maxing out her Sunday (this was essentially Monday already).

Shes chatting with her online friend and im chatting with my online friend. After awhile i thought why not chat with her?
[/quote]

Come on now, you’re not going to leave us with a cliffhanger are you? :popcorn:

[quote=“Gryphon”][quote=“tommy525”]I met a pinay one time by being at a net cafe (yes so quaint nowadays). Does anyone remember those?

[/quote]

Come on now, you’re not going to leave us with a cliffhanger are you? :popcorn:[/quote]

Well we decided we would not stay in the netcafe and went to a McDonalds to grab a burger and some fries.

(oh yeah and then we went to an MTV nearby and rented TITANIC, and not for the purpose of watching the movie…)

I spent 4 years chasing Philipinas in HK and had a blast , they were fun and they were all DH’s (Domestic helpers ). I got involved with a few and even asked one to marry me. They’ve led a complicated and hard life; 400 years in a monastery (under the Spanish) followed by 50 years in a brothel (under the Americans ) is the description often used. Nobody in their right mind would hand over their kids to a relative and then go to work in HK for $500 a month and send half of it home.

My company then transfered me to Manila where I stayed for 5 years. The difference cannot be explained unless you have experienced it yourself . The girls you’re dating here in Taiwan are not here through choice, but economic necessity which is a shame. The girls I dated in Manila were in a different echelon- smart, educated , fun loving and enjoying their lives.

Some of my friends have married Philipinas and lived blissful lives. When it goes wrong, it goes very wrong. The family inevitably gets involved and death threats and economic demands are common. If she’s working overseas then she’s probably the bread winner for an extended family of anything up to 6-7 siblings and their education ia dependent upon her monthly remittances . If you were to marry one then you would assume responsibility for their family. 75-80% of all marriage break ups are based on money and lawyers will milk you dry and come back for more.

I had some stunningly beautiful Philipina girlfriends during my 5 years there with brains and bodies to match and I felt I was in heaven but the dramas, the tantrums, the undivided demand to get married and procreate at the earliest possible date was too much. Their families were rich with huge houses in sub divisions and a fleet of cars and an army of servants but at the end of the day I had those warning flashing lights in my brain.

Date them by all means but read the small print. They will always have an ulterior motive.

Yes you will be paying for her family’s needs. Unless they are wealthy. And you will likely be meeting the poor ones.

Same with Thai girls and Malaysian girls and Indo girls for the most part.

With a lot of TW girls its a different kettle of fish. You won’t have to pay for their families most likely but you will have to marry into the family basically. And if her family does NOT like you, you are going to be cast away eventually. Because she will choose HER family over YOU.

[quote=“tommy525”]Same with Thai girls and Malaysian girls and Indo girls for the most part.[/quote]I wouldn’t lump Msia into the same category as the other two. It’s a middle-income country and it’s not that far behind TW.

[quote=“tommy525”]Because she will choose HER family over YOU.[/quote]I haven’t been married in Taiwan, but I would have thought that you’d figure all this stuff out during the years of dating? Do people really move towards marriage if the girl’s family absolutely abhors you? :neutral:.

Generally not. But there are cases where the girl has been involved with the man for some time before she introduced him to the family and then it all went downhill. Or the girl met the guy outside of Taiwan and then introduced him to the family.

Smart TW girls will immediately bring a “prospect” home ASAP and if the family strongly objects there won’t be a 2nd or 3rd date.

Others were having fun with you in the first place then got serious.

[quote=“tommy525”]Yes you will be paying for her family’s needs. Unless they are wealthy. And you will likely be meeting the poor ones.

Same with Thai girls and Malaysian girls and Indo girls for the most part.

[/quote]

Tommy, you really don’t know Malaysia lah !

You should also add a caveat to your statement, that you are talking about girls from poor families that specifically seek out marriage to foreigners in order to provide financial support to their families. An educated woman from a well-off family will, obviously, not be looking for this.

I guess Malaysia is closer to Spore in economic prowess then.

That it is. In many ways more developed than Taiwan.

With a choice of Chinese, Malays, Indians, Eurasians and a plenty of mixies to date. And Muslims if that’s your bag (and religion).