Afternoon Bars, Drinks, Early Happy Hour

Can we start a list?

Taipei does not have many bars that are open during the day time until 5 or 6 p.m. or later. Some restaurants and shops will serve drinks but they are not true bars.

Taipei is working city and not many people on vacation or holiday but few people are and want to have a drink with friends in the daytime. Where can they go?

Carnegie’s: I recently realized that Carnegie’s is open in the daytime and it’s happy hour all day until 9 p.m. they have music sports on TV and plenty of options on beers. Plus food is available.

1 Like

Lots of the western style restaurants with a bar like Chili’s, Gordon Birsch, Friday’s are open, can those be under your category? Price might be a tid bit high, but if you need that drink and a TV with sports on at mid day, might be your only choice.

If you want a craft beer, not many places are open, but I do know that Zhang Men over at Yong Kang Street opens a bit after noon since it’s in a very touristy area.

Another option is Take Out over by Tong Hua Street night market. They primarily are a burger shop, but also serve some craft beer and have a ginormous TV for you to watch and chill.

There’s some daytime Filipino clubs in Zhongli. No windows so they give it a nighttime feel in the middle of the afternoon. I’ve only been a couple of times, but it was always a fun crowd.

7-11 is open all day. Great selection and some okay snacks. Many have restrooms, too. No TV but newspapers and magazines.

At the very least, it would be a good way to continue the party until a restaurant/bar like Jolly’s opens again for dinner.

http://www.jollys.tw/

1 Like

Love this beer.

This one has happy hour like 3-5pm at all its outlets over Taiwan, where beer is 2-for-1. And they remind you around 4:55pm that the deal is almost closing and you can still order another around of 2-for-1 to then drink there into the 5 o’clock hour.
Sometimes have seasonal beers. Once tried a tea-flavored beer. Was not too bad.

Hooter’s! Next to Jolly, apparently also has some of the finest wings in Taipei. I will make my way there for that hopefully soon!

Some good suggestions. Looking for places that are more like a bar instead of a restaurant with a bar that have families inside.

Curious about these places. Any names or locations?

I only really know of one near the train station. Forgot the name (pretty sure it starts with a “P”), but here is the location:

Dayclub

Tried to go into a Thai club also in the area, but we were denied at the door because we were obviously not “Thai”.

I have the afternoon free in the Xinyi/Dunhua area. Any recommendations where I don’t have to go walk in the middle of a business or shopping district?

Racist BASTARDS!

Really?
I used to have a roomie who was Thai Chinese, and she had a boyfriend and a whole crew, they were well Thai inside, but they looked as Taike as you or me.

Erm, you, at least

1 Like

Doesn’t open until 4, but still one of my favorite places in the city to have a beer.

I found my happy place today. Beautiful views.

Craft House 手工啤酒和披薩
No. 77號, Section 4, Zhongxiao East Road, Da’an District, Taipei City, 106
02 2777 2277
https://goo.gl/maps/NPtJywG6ZmB2

2 Likes

Zhangmen Brewing?

Yup.

I will probably hit them up this weekend if temps stay the same.

It’s one of those days where I could go sit for 6 hours and do nothing.

1 Like

I happen to have Friday afternoon free in Taipei so… What’s up?

1 Like

Louisa?

Hooters is open.

Lots of wonder coffee cafes. Seems a place for people in Taipei and in most big cities to pass time.