Dealing with noise

[quote=“SuchAFob”]I was told to get ear plugs. but they dont’ work so well. I still get kept awake. Also they cause ear pain.[/quote]The reason that most earplugs, such as the foam yellow ones, don’t work very well is that they are not dense enough.

Earplugs that really work are made either from wax or from mouldable silicone putty. I haven’t found wax earplugs in Taiwan but I wear the silicone ones every night (I live next to a main road). You can buy them in swimgear shops.

There are a couple of different brands available. One brand comes in square shapes and the other round. You mould them to fit your ears of course but I find the stock size too big. There are dire warnings on the packet about always using the full sized earplug but I cut the blocks of putty in half anyway. I have been doing this for a year and up till now I have not had any earplugs disappear into my inner ear and work its way into my brain, forcing my eyeballs to pop out or some such. Your mileage may vary.

Don’t know if they’d be any more comfortable than the other ones you’ve tried, though. I find them alright.