Dealing with parents divorce as an adult

I’m not naive enough to. Still don’t want her to get a penny. It’s an issue of money not personal. Generations of estates passed down like land. I’m looking out for what’s mine and my moms from his fuckup.

That’s perfectly understandable, but presumably he’s entitled to do what he wants with his portion of the family estate. Of course, he’d be wise not to give it to her if he cares about his family.

Seems like you are taking sides here. It’s understandable, but it’s better to avoid it influencing your judgment. :2cents:

I haven’t openly spoke out. To either side. But obviously I’m not happy with my father putting everyone in this position. And I’m taking my side more than anything. I will not like generations of family estate go into someone who isn’t part of my family. These are things I will have and pass down to my children as well. She doesn’t deserve any of it.

1 Like

Criminal code has no use in getting the money back. Your mom can try sue her and your father for adultery but that won’t get your money back.

Anyway, technically, it is possible to get the money back. The provision is civil code article 1020-1.

Why are you guys assuming that his father wanted the xiao san for something more than polishing the head of his dick? probably he just wanted some action, bored of marital life. These things happen. Well, the other option is still possible, but is there anything that indicates that he wants to start a new life with that woman?

I mean I can respect that if he just went right out and say he wants a divorce and found someone he loves and makes him happy. Shit happens, it’s his life. I can understand that, it’s just reality.

But I don’t see how a man can do that while his wife was battling stage 3 breast cancer on both sides and going through chemo and doing reconstruction and plastic surgery for after all the procedures… and all the while spending money on her. Scary thought is, they met as she works at a bank…so she likely knows how much money we have. I don’t doubt that factored into things.

IDK what he plans to do, I just know the women won’t be part of my life.

Well, hard to say. Probably your father needed to compensate the tough things at home with some fun outside. Or maybe his feelings changed. But you said he was there for your mother: that’s good, right?

What you say about the bank and the money… well, that’s definitively a factor, even if it’s only an unconscious one. Have you talk to your father about this openly?

BTW, I don’t mean to offend you, but if this is a troll, it’s a bad taste one (or a good one perhaps).

I’m not sure why you would think that? It’s not like you haven’t seen me around here.

But no. I haven’t talked to him about it. I don’t really have much of a relationship with him due to various reasons. He just wasn’t around much to put it shortly. But I’m not really sure what I would even say to him at this point.

Can’t you just get fucked up on a weekend trip Bangkok or something with some strippers and rail lines of cocaine on their titties like a normal human being?

Well, that thought crossed my mind because this is a very personal topic, and a bit “extreme”. May be that’s not the word.

Talk to your father, be honest, but cautious. You don’t need to say everything you think, but listen to him.

And well, may be at his age he didn’t just want to have sex but something a bit more rewarding in other ways, not as simple as sex.

I guess it’s probably easier to talk about it with people in the internet because it so personal in this way.

Is that the new normal? :ponder:

Gain may know more about this, but supposing your father remarries, Civil Code Art. 1223 ensures the spouse can’t inherit everything (no common law wills here).

Also, Art. 1145 removes her if she commits fraud or murder etc. in relation to the inheritance, so if she’s the horrible person you’re imagining but not smart enough to cover her tracks, you have recourse. If she’s just a charmer :heart_eyes: that’s different.