Definitive list of 250s available here

[quote=“plasmatron”]. Your paying in the region of NT$170,000+ for 250cc bikes with only a shade more oomph than a 150cc… for under a hundred grand more, you’ll be in 400cc territory and for slightly over a hundred grand more you’re in 650cc territory…
[/quote]

The Ninja 650cc is coming in around $290,000nt if you bargain. That makes it even more crazy to consider anything less.

Yup, a daily commuter. No storage required – my raingear goes in my bag. Very high = good for seeing over cars. Skinny saddle? How skinny? I rode a DT stroker all over the place for years and didn’t have a problem with the saddle – not the comfiest, of course, but completely bearable.
Thanks for the Hornet link, although I’d be a bit nervous about buying used, not being much of a petrolhead. Probably end up with a lemon.

[quote=“Ironman”][quote=“plasmatron”]. Your paying in the region of NT$170,000+ for 250cc bikes with only a shade more oomph than a 150cc… for under a hundred grand more, you’ll be in 400cc territory and for slightly over a hundred grand more you’re in 650cc territory…
[/quote]

The Ninja 650cc is coming in around $290,000nt if you bargain. That makes it even more crazy to consider anything less.[/quote]
I got’s NT$150k, tops. A Ninja 650 is double that. And what the hell would I do with a 650 for city commuting? Apart from getting it nicked, of course. That’s FAR too much bike for my needs. I have a comfy car with a/c and a stereo, so there’s no motivation to go out riding on a bike at the weekend. Plus, I’m SO not about to shell out 8K and go through all the hassle of getting a heavy bike licence.

Sandy I’d go with the Hornet. A decent tank bank and maybe some lifters for the handlebars and you’re stylin’. Buy one before summer.

I’m buying one when I get back from the states this summer to commute on. (Then I’m buying a CBRR for the weekend rides but that’s a different story.) :sunglasses:

I was talking to a certain Mouldy Marvin last night. Man, I envy you your jaunt. Have a great time!

Here’s a comparison between five 250cc cruisers, including the Venox… maybe it’s of some use:
motorcyclecruiser.com/roadte … index.html

[quote=“redwagon”]I wouldn’t touch the Venox with a ten foot pole. Kymco basically went out and bought a VTR, then reverse-engineered the motor. It’s a straight copy of a 10 year old design, with Kymco quality parts. I’ve ridden a VTR and its engine sounds and feels exactly like two yehlangs cobbled together. Miles of threshing cam chains, noisy valve gear, all revs and no power. Agricultural. You can imagine how much worse the Kymco version would be!

That Aprilia is enough to make any red-blooded biker burst into flames, but sadly you would never get it through the emissions tests here. Not through the front door anyway.[/quote]

What does the term “agricultural” mean? I’ve just started seeing the word in my motorbike mags recently.

And btw redwagon, the “…it couldn’t get out of its own way.” comment was pretty darn funny.

[quote=“Mordeth”]
What does the term “agricultural” mean? I’ve just started seeing the word in my motorbike mags recently.
[/quote]Like farm machinery, tractors etc. Unsophisticated. I think it’s been in use since the 70s. Maybe it’s making a comeback. :rainbow:

[quote]
And btw redwagon, the “…it couldn’t get out of its own way.” comment was pretty darn funny.[/quote]I can’t claim credit for that, it’s second hand.

I just saw the weight on the Venox is 420lbs :noway: My old Bonnie (750) was only about 380lbs dry… What did they make that thing out of, concrete? depleted uranium?

Feck! My Jota was only about 100lb heavier than that with a full tank and covered with raindrops! And it was considered a mofo of a heavy bike, even with 1000cc :noway:
Anyway, I’m leaning more and more toward a used (hopefully non-thrashed) Hornet. Sooooo, if any of you kind chaps would be willing and available to help me check out one or two sometime in the near future…

Buy x08’s hornet. He’s had it for a little while…time for him to move up.

hahaha… if only i had the cash to move on up… won’t be happening for a while :help: all donations welcome

Mordeth,

Congrats mate! I can only imagine how exited you must be. I’m sure you can’t wait to take it out on the road. :slight_smile:

I know this might be considered slightly off topic, and I’m not trying to highjack your tread, but I’d like to get some input from you and the other bikers on this forum. I’d like to buy a dirt bike of sorts, not too expensive, something around 250 cc. I searched on Google, but no luck.

Any suggestions from the bikingmosans?

What’s your budget? There aren’t too many 250cc dirt bikes in Taiwan that can get plated. The only ones off my head are the Yamaha Serow, Yamaha Tricker (both go for around $230,000nt), and the Honda XR250 tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/1141122776
Why not just go for a 400cc, like the Suzuki DRZ400 tw.f2.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/b25555373? It’s just a little more.

MororcycleRider,

Thanks for your reply and the links/info.

My budget is around NT $300,000.

Stanley

PS: The bike on your avatar looks great. Yours?

hahaha… if only i had the cash to move on up… won’t be happening for a while :help: all donations welcomeCash, thats why you sell the one i want to me… then you have more money and poof fancy new bike :wink:

In the “weekend motorbike trip” thread there was a link to a rental company. And on the main page of that company’s site there was a picture of a Kawasaki ZZR 250. Anyone else seen these bikes around here?

motorbikes.be/en/Kawasaki/2005/ZZR%20250/
Peak power is 35hp at 12,000 rpm, a bit milder than the Hornet 250’s 40hp at 14,000rpm.

nope… never seen a ninja 250 here… tho my bro rides one back home…

[quote=“x08”]nope… never seen a ninja 250 here… tho my bro rides one back home…[/quote]Oh right. I didn’t realise that that model was the Ninja. I’ve heard of them. They’re supposed to be pretty good aren’t they?

Here’s the link to the rental company that was posted in another thread, though the poster pointed out that they offer NO INSURANCE. :astonished:
motockt.com.tw/front/bin/home.phtml

having taken my bros for a quick spin last holiday… not really… power didn’t feel all that special… and really, i’d rather my hornet 250… feels much more solid in EVERY field… handling, power delivery, build quality… you name it…

I just found this on Yahoo Taiwan auction

A Yamaha SRV250

tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/1141307931