Degree Certification Working Overseas

A Taiwanese friend of mine lives in the USA and a potential USA employer has asked to have the Taiwan University degree certified.

Who actually certifies it? Is it Taiwan or USA and where? Would AIT Taipei do it or maybe TECO Taiwan government office in USA?

AIT Taipei does have a notary service. I’d check with them.

Let me say the question differently. Who do US companies want to certify the degree? Do they want a US entity or a Taiwan entity to certify?

I’m late posting on this, so it’s probably too late to help, but it’s possible the employer is asking for the degree to be verified for equivalency. This is not the same as authentication - the official stamp that “proves” that a document is genuine and has really been issued by the appropriate authority in the home country (authentication should be done by TECO).

I don’t know for sure what it’s called in the US, but in Canada there’s a process called Educational Credential Assessment. You send your foreign credentials to one of the accredited organizations responsible for this and they send you back a document affirming that your education is equivalent to the Canadian degree of the same name. Or not, if they’re not happy with it.

The whole thing feels like a giant scam to me.