DEHP: Taiwan's Version of the Chinese Milk Scandal?

There’s a good chance that both their drinks AND their desserts have had the plasticizers in them for years. See below.

The latest news (sorry, no link – I’m just typing as my wife reads local news off her iPhone): Yu Shen sold the toxic crap to some company which sold to two companies in Zhanghua which supplied ingredients for desserts or finished desserts (I’m not sure) to restaurants ranging from low to high end. Also, RTMart’s bakery (ies?) had all their stuff tested on their own initiative (good for them!) and found DEHP in their tiramisu. Carrefour has a different supplier than RTMart, for whatever that’s worth. And Costco did not proactively test because all their stuff is imported.

BTW, if anyone wants to try baking their own bread, to get away from all this crap laced with plasticizers (and which will STILL be loaded with artificial ingredients like “dough conditioners”, “crust enhancers”, “aroma enhancers” etc. after the DEHP is weeded out), here are four useful links for you:
First, on Forumosa:
Bake your own bread!
Home oven recommendations
(I like the Dr. Goods oven available at DIY baking supply shops like the one tucked away in a residential street under and just south of the eastbound onramp to the Minquan bridge. An island-wide list of baking suppy stores is here: [Forumosa - Taiwan's largest and most active Taiwan-oriented global online community in English … 8#p1127688](DIY baking supply / supplies - #47 by Dragonbones

and then videos and lessons for beginners, recipes, and an incredibly useful forum just on baking at thefreshloaf.com:
Want to learn how to bake bread?
the forum

and an excellent book:
The Bread Baker’s Apprentice: Mastering the Art of Extraordinary Bread [Hardcover][/quote]

Thanks for all this great info. Definitely investing in a bread baker now.