Did you get a year-end bonus from your school?

While not a bonus, each of the past few years I did receive a red envelope with several thousand NT in it which was an encouragement… This year I have not. Don’t know if it is was forgotten or deliberately ignored. But it’s disappointing enough to encourage me to begin looking around again. Chinese New Year is certainly a discouraging week for me annually due the lost income both in the cram school and decrease in tutoring for a week or two before and after.

Maybe it would help if you thought of it as a nice break from work (well, a break anyway…it’s Chinese New Year after all). There’s more to life than stacking cheese.

It’s pretty rare, even getting christmas off is like uncommon.

Not really a vacation for me due to my wife’s family’s business (no break during Chinese New Year) but I agree with your point nevertheless. Happy Chinese New Year!

In that case, you guys should be pretty stacked in the cheese department. Take some time off!

Gong Hey Fat Choy

Not really a vacation for me due to my wife’s family’s business (no break during Chinese New Year) but I agree with your point nevertheless. Happy Chinese New Year!