Dihua street renovation

Very nice pics. Truly some lovely work on the street, but I would really like to see it done before I’m dead.

MM, what route did you bike from Maokong to Dihua Jie? Riverside paths?

Actually I live in Bitan now but yes, either way would be the riverside paths. At Dadaocheng just pop through the gate and Dihua Jie is a block away.

Oh, and the path connecting Muzha and Jingmei past the Shishin University is almost completed.

Pics look really swell! But I think the problem with Taiwan is the scooters. The island would look definitely better without them.

Actually I live in Bitan now but yes, either way would be the riverside paths. At Dadaocheng just pop through the gate and Dihua Jie is a block away.

Oh, and the path connecting Muzha and Jingmei past the Shishin University is almost completed.[/quote]

So will you be changing your name to Bitan Man? Watch out for that strange Scottish fellow that lives under the bridge there…

Oh, and the path connecting Muzha and Jingmei past the Shishin University is almost completed.[/quote]

So will you be changing your name to Bitan Man? Watch out for that strange Scottish fellow that lives under the bridge there…[/quote]

No, I am still maintaining the illusion that I am a Taipei-ren and not declasse having moved to the county.

Soon you’ll be schlepping Muddy Rambler’s gear around, watching Athula make your usual roti order while those in front of you try to decide what they want, and saving RT Mart stamps. The hardest part of Bitan living is not riding your bike across the pedestrian bridge. That bridge should have bike lanes marked. :slight_smile:

i had a stroll around here for the first time in a while and i was pretty impressed. i never noticed before they are renovating buildings outside of the main di hua street, even new buildings in the old style seem to be being built. it actually looks really nice and natural. several notches less ugly than standard taiwan. i went to a nice design shop too, and a slightly trendy ice cream place. they both had a courtyard, more shops and houses should definitely have courtyards, super chill. i didn’t mind these places as 95% of the shops there are dried food shops. so something modern doesn’t hurt. and they were not lame like the teen filled brunch places that are all over the place. if i found a nice cafe there i would go back more often. the market building has also been done up, not sure if its finished yet. it looked decent, i can remember it being pretty brutal before.

The area north of Minsheng Road is cool. Trendy shops, restaurants and coffee shops. It’s totally different from the traditional shops on southern part of Dihua Street near City God Temple. Unfortunately, parking is terrible and not great access from MRT or bus.

Check out Peacock Bistro with fusion asian/western food, the restaurant in the back part of the remodeled shophouse. In the front is a coffee shop. Both cool and good food.

you mean north of minsheng road in datong? which part? i have only been through there one time, didn’t see anything like that

This thread is about DiHua Street and I’m talking about DiHua Street north of Minsheng Road up to MingQuan Road. Quite a few new trendy places.

i’ll check it out for sure.

We’re actually doing a photo event to document the area, you’re all welcome to join:

Daqiaotou station is pretty close by.

Beimen Station is pretty close as well.

A bit of visual - plus Universiade plug in

https://youtu.be/wwZN6on3nwk?list=PLZGQ4-Mn2AY71nxrCzAuBC23NMIVMhkhf

Ouch, that narration is painful to listen to.