Do college dorms in Taiwan allow pet ?

I’m going to Taiwan to study Chinese and then college, it’ll take 5 years. I have a cat and can’t let him home. Are there pet-friendly college dorms in Taiwan? If not, where can I find a small cheap apartment for rent that allows cat?

Well I wonder why you’re interested in studying here at all but let’s drop that as that’s not your question.

As for your cat, I’m not aware of any dorm that allows pets (apart from hamsters), so I think you’d have a better shot renting an apartment.

Public dorms are hardly suitable fo human beings, let alone pets. No, pets are not allowed. Furthermore, for undergraduates, you usually share your room with 4 other people, space is limited, a litter box would be… compromised. Too much traffic, lots of stress for the kitty.

Aside from a separate room that allows cats -probably means housesharing with fellow pet lovers-, please research throughly on paperwork required for your cat to travel to and enter Taiwan. There are blackout dtes -dates kitty cannot travel- and a lot of requisities, including quarantine. Please look into this matter carefully and prepare accordingly.