Do you think joss paper burning should be banned?

What would be more difficult, banning the burning of joss paper or smoking of cigarettes? :thinking:

1 Like

Gluten free, please. I condemn my taste buds on account of the dogs.

Pm me with your address and Iā€™ll send you something fun.

Thatā€™s not too creepy.

I condemn condiments.

Do you really want a sticker, or is this just colorful banter? Up to you.

I hope you wrap any prizes in ghost money :rofl:

What of commandments?

You dug up a seven year old thread, so you tell me. Do you condemn banter as well?

No sense making a new thread to complain about an old tradition

1 Like

Condemn banter? Um, no.
Banter good, ghost money bad.
Are you refusing my goodwill gesture to send you a fun sticker from my collection?
Ok, then.

Does a whale shit in the ocean?

Itā€™s not creepy at all, if you understand the context. Your shipping address. For the sticker you asked for.

Itā€™s a long walk from ghost money in Kaohsiung to whales shitting in the ocean, but ok, I get you.

Either way, a bunch of hot air

One harmless, and the other most definitely not.

That famous Confucious temple in Taipei quit burning paper a few years ago. I note that the temple we just returned from an hour ago in Hualien has installed some smoke system which seems to cut down on particles alot.

I would love to see this habit outlawed. But there is absolutely no way that is going to happen. All of those stores burning paper in front of their stores? Hell will freeze over before that practice is outlawed. As for the article talking about the practice is only prohibited if the burning creates particleā€¦well, that tells you right there that the local authorities have already found a way to not enforce any restrictions.

I think the best I can hope for is to reduce the chemicals within the joss paper. In the past I read that even the used in colors in the paper contained lead. And the ā€œgold leafā€ also contained carcinogens.

This is like the talk about banning fireworks. That just ainā€™t going to happen.

Better burn some Hell Money to appease the god of grave digging.
:fire: :dollar: :fire:

2 Likes

Then send the unflushed used TP to the incinerator :rofl:

What words of wisdom from almost 7 years ago!!!

Whatā€™s the old adage ā€œsociety improves one death at a timeā€?
Iā€™m confident these things will go away eventually.