Does anyone order from iHerb? Custom fees? (and other US vitamin/supplement shops)

Just went to order ‘chia seeds’ (not something I normally order) - got this message:

Is that normal or new?

[quote=“Nuit”]Just went to order ‘chia seeds’ (not something I normally order) - got this message:

Is that normal or new?[/quote]

I have no idea but costco began selling them a few months ago.

[quote=“Nuit”]Just went to order ‘chia seeds’ (not something I normally order) - got this message:

Is that normal or new?[/quote]

I think it is the seed thing. Sproutable seeds cannot be imported I seem to remember.

You’ll be fine with protein powder - I often order the stuff and have never had it stopped. You might need to do some form filling and e-mailing, but Tiare’s last post sounds promising on NOT having to do that anymore.[/quote]

First autumn package arrived today, no more customs impounding or DHL forms to fill out. Some thing has changed, and it’s for the better. Back to the good old days, then :thumbsup: //

Deal of the day:
Avalon Organics, Thickening Shampoo, Biotin B-Complex Therapy, 14 fl oz (414 ml) - iHerb.com

Our regular low price is $8.47. Now for only $2.00!
This offer will end on Thursday, September 10th, 10 a.m., Pacific Time.

iHerb Info: best-online-supplement-store.blogspot.com/

You’ll be fine with protein powder - I often order the stuff and have never had it stopped. You might need to do some form filling and e-mailing, but Tiare’s last post sounds promising on NOT having to do that anymore.[/quote]

First autumn package arrived today, no more customs impounding or DHL forms to fill out. Some thing has changed, and it’s for the better. Back to the good old days, then :thumbsup: //[/quote]

I’ve never imported supplements from the States into Taiwan but been wanting to get back into the gym and the selection of whey protein and creatine in Taiwan hasn’t been that great. I was thinking of ordering a half year supply of supplements and nearly spent almost 800 USD worth on supplements and gym gear from BB.com, but I’m so glad that I did some more googling and found this thread, other wise I would imagine the look on my face when I found out the 35% (?) of import fees for supplements and health products… Will be ordering my stuff from iHerb now since everyone has been giving them good feedback and that shipping is too damn sweet.

Before I place my order(s) I have some question if you guys don’t mind answering.

1. I won’t be charged with import fees as long as these conditions are met right?: (Don’t go over 3000NT, don’t go over 1000 pills/capsules, don’t go over 6kg.) Anything else?

2. If I want to order in 4 batches this month to meet the above condition, then would it be ok if I ordered 3 days apart and have it arrive on different dates in Taiwan or would they keep a record that I have been importing supplements and decide to charge me with import fees?

3. Let’s say that for some unfortunate reason that my orders arrived on the same date. Would they consider the packages as one and say that I spent over 3000 NT even though the packages were bought/ordered on different dates and separate invoices?

Appreciate the help fellas.

1. 3k is about right, I’ve gone up to 8-10kg with no issues. Dunno about pills/caps.

2 & 3. I think no problem with either, they don’t keep records or combine packages. I’ve def done 3 orders in a month before. Never had 2 arrive on same day before though. Probably best to start small then ramp up the orders over a month or two if you’re going to be buying a lot. Then you can see how things go.

Yay! Me too - first package in a while today, and it came straight on through with DHL. Ordered five days ago, arrived today, no customs or anything.

Same as lostinasia above. Ordered last week, arrived today. No forms or anything out-of-the-ordinary, just picked up the package from my building guard.

Yep, we’re back to iHerb service as usual :thumbsup:. That was an annoying procedure DHL had there, while it lasted.

10% discount on all products until Nov.30.

Anyone know what the Tax Rate is for nutritional supplements like vitamins? What about something deemed “food”?

I tried the VAT/Tax Calculator and alas I couldn’t figure it out. :frowning:

I was told by customs that the tax rate is 30% for health food and supplements. (I once went 8NT over the 3000 and had to pay tax on the whole thing, ouch!)

[quote=“jtl123”]Anyone know what the Tax Rate is for nutritional supplements like vitamins? What about something deemed “food”?

I tried the VAT/Tax Calculator and alas I couldn’t figure it out. :frowning:[/quote]

Under 3000NTD (currently 90USD) and you don’t have to pay tax.

If you want to buy more split your goods into multiple separate orders; most postage but cheaper than paying duty.

I’m trying my first order now. Fingers crossed!

use code MFK646 for 5USD off!

use code MFK646 for 5USD off![/quote]
Too late, but thanks! :slight_smile:

Got mine in good condition despite containing (cumin) seeds.

Anyone choose International Airmail and never receive the package? I chose International Airmail for a package which was sent before Thanksgiving (so near end November) yet I still have not received it. :frowning:

BTW anyone ever choose UPS instead of the usual DHL?