Does anyone order from iHerb? Custom fees? (and other US vitamin/supplement shops)

When you ordering you add or subtract items, then they calculate the fee against the total weight, so you can figure out what’s a reasonable order vs shipping cost for you.

there are few places in the world where a nice international packaged balanced atop the gate can stay intact and unstolen for so many hours. to anyone who really cares about theft, always register packages so signatures are required. although i thought DHL always required signatures…?

“DHL” packages, the non-express ones anyways are delivered by the post office in Taiwan.

I knew it was just the Post Office delivering, but still thought that I’d have to go and pick it up, if there was no-one home.

It was also labelled Fragile. Not that there was anything fragile inside. And so it’s balanced on top of a 5 foot gate :slight_smile:.

Your ordered regular airmail package, so no tracking or registration. The express version has tracking all the way and sign off,
If you are not there they will hold in the local post office.
As I live in a dalou with security to sign off this is not an issue for me anymore, it’s handy that way,

During the month of October, enjoy:

• Free DHL Global shipping for orders over $40.00!
• An extra 10% OFF orders over $60.00!

Just shop as usual and you will see the extra discount after you sign in to your account.
Please note that the 10% discount can not be combined with any other on-line discount.

iherb-info.blogspot.com

My DHL package from iherb got stopped by customs in Taipei for the first time ever. I owe $1200nt tax on a $122usd order. Oh well. Lol

Very impressed with this company; my airmail order arrived in exactly 11 days (ordered Saturday, arrived next week Wednesday). Prices are great, good range, plus don’t forget to add a “freebie” each time you order!

Oh and reminder again; orders under $100USD are not subject to duty. If your total comes to more, split it into 2 parts.

[quote=“Nuit”]It’s arrived. Came back to find box balanced on top of the gate. Anyone could’ve walked off with it, must have up been there for hours.
So that was 16 days from order.

The box they used was half-empty, padded with paper. Next time I’ll be ordering way more and seeing how much the express DHL works out at.[/quote]

Luv Taiwan. :roflmao:

Seriously, where else can a package remain untouched?

Colombia.

Sorry to hear that. What weight was the package, maybe that affected it?
I had a DHL come through fine yesterday, $55 and 7.6lbs. Very impressed with the 5 days shipping.

Perhaps it’s safest to keep those orders medium sized.

Sorry to hear that. What weight was the package, maybe that affected it?
I had a DHL come through fine yesterday, $55 and 7.6lbs. Very impressed with the 5 days shipping.

Perhaps it’s safest to keep those orders medium sized.[/quote]

I think u r right. This was the most I’ve ever ordered in one shipment and the only one that’s ever been stopped.

Anyone deliberating on buying from iherb, you can use the code MFK646 to get $5 off your first order (or $10 off orders over $40).

They also have free shipping this month which means you could have 1-2 products shipping here for absolutely nothing…which seems odd. Guess they’re hoping for repeat customers? Don’t forget to add one item from the “freebies” section too.

[quote=“aphasiac”]Anyone deliberating on buying from iherb, you can use the code MFK646 to get $5 off your first order (or $10 off orders over $40).

They also have free shipping this month which means you could have 1-2 products shipping here for absolutely nothing…which seems odd. Guess they’re hoping for repeat customers? Don’t forget to add one item from the “freebies” section too.[/quote]

Yep, still 2 weeks left for free Oct shipping (that’s the $4 discount right there, folks, but no tracking).
Didn’t actually know about the freebies - right now they have coconut butter :thumbsup: - small packet .
http://www.iherb.com/Artisana-100-Organic-Raw-Coconut-Butter-1-19-oz-33-7-g-Discontinued-Item/28524

oops, free shipping is only for orders over $40. Still cool, as you can order stuff like 5HTP and 7keto that is hard to find in Taiwan. Also American chocolate and pet medicine. My latest order arrived today, took 14 days (free shipping).

Interestingly now they have a note on the shopping cart page that appears when you select Taiwan, that warns you about custom duties:

“Orders over $50 (or NT $3000) may be subject to tariff from 30% to 50% of the total price of the order.”

I believe this is a mistake, as $3000NT = roughly $100USD (imported goods under $3000NT are duty free)

Is there a maximum weight/value for which they’re giving free shipping this month?

Note they also stock things like chipotle peppers and ancho peppers, which are I believe impossible to find in Taiwan.

Thank you to everyone on this thread for the head up about this company–and their remarkable promotions. I just placed an order tonight. And while I have not received anything yet, I feel I can safely say: that was a screamingly good deal.

Guy

Is there a maximum weight/value for which they’re giving free shipping this month?

Note they also stock things like chipotle peppers and ancho peppers, which are I believe impossible to find in Taiwan.[/quote]

Free shipping is global airmail, weight limit 4lbs / 1.8kg. That should be plenty, unless you’re ordering huge bottles of fish oil or whey protein.

Edit: maximum value $80 for free shipping. Over that and you have to use DHL ($8 for 2-4 days worldwide delivery with tracking)

Wow, that was fast delivery! Ordered Thursday noonish, received today before 10am. The package -92usd- was opened in customs, guess organic white chocolate can look like something else!

Well, now I’m worried. Ordered on October 17th, and it still hasn’t arrived. Bummer. Did you pay for the tracking option, or just the free shipping?