Does anyone order from iHerb? Custom fees? (and other US vitamin/supplement shops)

Well, now I’m worried. Ordered on October 17th, and it still hasn’t arrived. Bummer. Did you pay for the tracking option, or just the free shipping?[/quote]

Free shipping, which is a bargain since it is DHL. Had to go downstairs and sign for the package and all.

A friend also had a delivery lost, wrote several emails, they sent again. She says that the tracking shows every step of the way, if it doesn’t, then there’s trouble.

Hmm. I don’t have a tracking number, so there’s no way to know. Poo. I guess I’ll have to contact them, but it says on their site that they’re not responsible if the package goes missing and you haven’t paid for the tracking option. Might just be out $40 I guess.

I also placed an order on October 17–and I also have not yet received anything. Without a tracking number, it’s hard to say where things are tied up (IHerb side? Taiwan customs? my–ahem–not always super efficient institution which handles the final step in the delivery?). I’ll give it another week to see what happens.

In the meantime: Icon, it looks like you scored! :bravo:

Guy

Well, at least someone else is in the same boat as me…Could you let me know if yours arrives?

Not a big package but heavy:

Tiare: in my experience, they have very good, prompt service and efficient communication. Just try writing to them and telling them you are concerned as things are a bit delayed.

Afterspivak: scored? :eh:

If you ordered Oct 17 and have no tracking number, I reckon it should be here this week. Reckon on 14-18 days for that option. It’s slow, but it usually gets here in the end.

Patience :bow:

ps Icon, that’s one very very large box of white chocolate :no-no: :wink:

I am very disciplined. I take two pieces -measured- tops daily. My frieind who exercises a lot goes bananas and polishes a box off if left on her desk too long. :astonished:

I know, a bity every day or a lot in one bout are no good but chocolate is a medical necessity -monthly-. Anyways, I do like to share the chocolate. :laughing:

And it’s organic. Made in Italy. Don’t have to open the package to smell the vanilla. :smiley:

White chocolate! Need I say more? :smiley:

Sure! If and when the package arrives, I’ll let you know.

Guy

I also placed an order on October 17–and I also have not yet received anything. Without a tracking number, it’s hard to say where things are tied up (IHerb side? Taiwan customs? my–ahem–not always super efficient institution which handles the final step in the delivery?). I’ll give it another week to see what happens.

In the meantime: Icon, it looks like you scored! :bravo:

Guy[/quote]

Did you get an email confirming your order has been shipped? Also did you write your address in English? That sometimes causes delays at the Taiwan post office.

Let us know if it arrives, curious as I’m now waiting for a new order (shipped 12 day ago).

My iherb order arrived yesterday, so October 17th to November 14th, just about a month. I have no idea what the delay was on mine cause the box didn’t appear to be opened by customs. Must have been put on the slow pallet. :slight_smile: But at least it’s here.

I am very disciplined. I take two pieces -measured- tops daily. My frieind who exercises a lot goes bananas and polishes a box off if left on her desk too long. :astonished:

I know, a bity every day or a lot in one bout are no good but chocolate is a medical necessity -monthly-. Anyways, I do like to share the chocolate. :laughing:

And it’s organic. Made in Italy. Don’t have to open the package to smell the vanilla. :smiley:[/quote]

Organic made in Italy white chocolate. You can see why the ladies go mad for it, haha.

Maybe they shipped by sea? If it was A bigger market I wouldn’t have been surprised.

I’ve been buying from iHerb for a few years now. To avoid customs fees just keep your orders under TW$3000 and you shouldn’t have any problem. The global mail option usually takes about 2 weeks but occasionally longer, and there is no tracking and no guarantees. The DHL express option is pretty cheap and usually takes 3-5 business days with full tracking. Even under TW$3000 occasionally customs will do a random inspection but that usually only causes a day or two delay. Since they started all their crazy DHL Express promos a year ago I’ve stopped using the cheaper global mail option as US$10 or whatever special rate they are running is well worth it to have full tracking and faster delivery. If you have to get more than TW$3000, just split the order. The shipping cost is going to be less than the import fee which is going to be at least 20% for vitamins. With vitamins in Taiwan going for 4-6X what it costs in the US, it’s a great deal, especially with their new shipping fees.

Agreed. The delivery fee situation with iHerb right now is awesome. Ordered on Sun with DHL, arrived yesterday.
In fact, the whole set-up is so awesome … that it can’t last :whistle:.

It’s can’t last if the taxman or local rip off merchants cry foul.
Taobao was massive here and now they’ve made it really hard to make payments.

Or if amazon.com or some other big player simply buys them out.

Guy

Hello everyone,

I am happy to report that my IHerb order arrived. I placed the order on October 18; it arrived today on November 20. The box was a bit banged up but it appears to have been unopened by customs. I used the cheapest (i.e. free) delivery service. It was by no means speedy but at least I got the goods!

Guy

FYI taiwan uses bags for air mail boxes, boxes ont eh bottom with air spaces get crushed sometimes. if it’s fragile, go for the express type shipping to avoid that.

Our DHL Express is now a flat $8.00 for up to 8 pounds (3.6 kilograms), and $1.10 for each additional 500 grams!
Make sure your order total is $60.00 or more to receive an additional 5% discount after you sign in.

http://best-online-supplement-store.blogspot.com/