Does anyone order from iHerb? Custom fees? (and other US vitamin/supplement shops)

It is better to keep your order total below 90 USD… including shipping. Custom tax on these tends to be more than 30%!

December Super Special
Earn 10% (or More) Rewards Credit on Every Qualifying Order!

Here is how it works:

This December, we are rewarding you for shopping with us!

If the value of all the orders you place in December totals $100 or more, we will deposit credit to your iHerb account equal to 10% of the total, in January, 2014.

Even more exciting: If the value of all the orders you place in December totals $200 or more, we will deposit credit equal to 12% of the total to your iHerb account in January, 2014.

The credits will be posted to your account on Monday, January 6th, and you can use them just like cash to purchase products from iHerb.

Here are two examples:
• In December, if you place 3 orders with a total value of $140 (excluding shipping charges), you will receive a credit of $14 (10%) in your account by January 6th.

• In December, if you place 5 orders with a total value of $220 (excluding shipping charges), you will receive a credit of $26.40 (12%) in your account by January 6th.

Take advantage of this limited-time offer and order with us today!

Note: The total is calculated after discounts and excludes shipping costs. The same offer applies to Rewards program participants. Also, credits expire 180 days (6 months) after they are applied.

Specials - iHerb.com

Supercharged Immunity! Extra 30% Off 4 Superfoods!
(Ends Wednesday, December 11th, at 10:00 am Pacific Time)

iHerb Info - Basic Info About iHerb - The Best Online Supplement Store

Remunder; you can use code MFK646 for $10 off your first order.

TL, do you know what kind of stuff gets taxed over 30%? Is that standard?

I dont know but food stuff seems to have a higher tax than just the usual stuff I order…

Thanks to the recommendations here, tried this place. Split my order to keep both boxes under 3000 NT, no problems. Just to clarify, I think 3000NT is the customs tax rule, so look at your order on the site and it should have a currency calculator right on there. 3000NT is 101 USD today btw.

8 buck DHL intl. shipping, got here in about 6 days including the weekend…will be a return customer for sure.

Let’s not forget that in every delivery box, iherb will throw in something free, usually small and branded. Today, when I opened my box, I was like a kid in a sweet-shop.

“Look! Look! iherb have sent me 2 clothes pegs!!!”

These pegs are sturdy, chunky and look excellent quality. Nearly all white, with flashes of green at both ends.
Can’t wait until next wash-day, when I can use them to hang up my favourite wet t-shirt :thumbsup:.

I would highly recommend getting the DSL shipping option with tracking. I ordered something via the cheapest DSL option, with no tracking… at first I thought it was lost forever. Finally it did arrive, about 4 months after I had placed the order, but hey at least I got it! I suspect that it was lingering in limbo at customs (actually I got one missed call from a strange number about the time it was supposed to arrive) and finally they were just like “fuck it whatever” and let it pass through. But at least I didn’t have to pay any import taxes.

It was actually a very nice surprise because I had pretty much resigned myself to the fact that $80 worth of vitamins and probiotics had been flushed down the drain.

Win big with our “Olympic-size” sale and receive a minimum of 10% off any size order!

Please note that this offer ends Monday, March 3rd, 10 a.m. Pacific Time. You will see this extra discount after you sign in to your iHerb account and are about to finalize your order.

This discount is not valid in combination with any other current iHerb discounts you may be getting; however, you will receive the larger of the two discounts.

I’m glad I clicked on this topic; I’d never heard of iHerb. I was excited to find Teeccino herbal coffee, which I used to drink in the US, plus taco seasoning and organic beef bouillon! Just placed my order :thumbsup:

[quote=“mups”]Thanks to the recommendations here, tried this place. Split my order to keep both boxes under 3000 NT, no problems. Just to clarify, I think 3000NT is the customs tax rule, so look at your order on the site and it should have a currency calculator right on there. 3000NT is 101 USD today btw.

8 buck DHL intl. shipping, got here in about 6 days including the weekend…will be a return customer for sure.[/quote]

I read that customs are changing their policy to also record how many packages are delivered to a given address in a given time, something like 6 packages is a trigger. Then they start to automatically stop the package and apply tax to it. Don’t know how feasible this is going to be.
It’s mainly designed as an obstacle to importing stuff on taobao from China.

[quote=“headhonchoII”][quote=“mups”]Thanks to the recommendations here, tried this place. Split my order to keep both boxes under 3000 NT, no problems. Just to clarify, I think 3000NT is the customs tax rule, so look at your order on the site and it should have a currency calculator right on there. 3000NT is 101 USD today btw.

8 buck DHL intl. shipping, got here in about 6 days including the weekend…will be a return customer for sure.[/quote]

I read that customs are changing their policy to also record how many packages are delivered to a given address in a given time, something like 6 packages is a trigger. Then they start to automatically stop the package and apply tax to it. Don’t know how feasible this is going to be.
It’s mainly designed as an obstacle to importing stuff on taobao from China.[/quote]

Well that still wouldn’t be insurmountable, it depends what that ‘given time’ is. Although I do feel that my love affair with iHerb is being conducted on a tight-rope.
I can’t keep getting these boxes sent from abroad (no customs tax, low shipping fee) for ever.

Get them sent to different locations.

[quote=“Nuit”]Although I do feel that my love affair with iHerb is being conducted on a tight-rope.
I can’t keep getting these boxes sent from abroad (no customs tax, low shipping fee) for ever.[/quote]
Ah, the dilemma of shopping for groceries when living in Taiwan. We all become paranoid hoarders, don’t we? We’re never sure if what we see will ever be available again. “Oh, hey, dried pinto beans. I used those once. What the heck, I’ll buy 10 kg.”

[quote=“lostinasia”][quote=“Nuit”]Although I do feel that my love affair with iHerb is being conducted on a tight-rope.
I can’t keep getting these boxes sent from abroad (no customs tax, low shipping fee) for ever.[/quote]
Ah, the dilemma of shopping for groceries when living in Taiwan. We all become paranoid hoarders, don’t we? We’re never sure if what we see will ever be available again. “Oh, hey, dried pinto beans. I used those once. What the heck, I’ll buy 10 kg.”[/quote]

Ha, I now have a dozen cans of Campbell’s tomato soup because I saw it in the store for the very first time a couple of months ago and stocked up, knowing, just as you said, that I’ll never see it again.

As of yesterday, the proud owner of a free iHerb shower cap.
Life just doesn’t get any better than this :thumbsup:.

I just received my order yesterday and was also surprised to receive a shower cap. Huh?!

They seem to just include random free stuff in packages. Mine was a clothes peg. A single clothes peg. Nice and all, but a single clothes peg?

They seem to just include random free stuff in packages. Mine was a clothes peg. A single clothes peg. Nice and all, but a single clothes peg?[/quote]
To go with your single chop stick? :slight_smile: