Does hot food have more calories?

Does hot food have more calories?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Does it?

It’s hot, therefore it’s got to have more calories than the same thing that’s gotten cold from sitting there for a while, no?

Room temperature food just doesn’t have the energy to burn your mouth.

So if I freeze my sandwich, then eat it while it’s really cold, will I expend energy warming it up in my digestive system?

Like does ice cream cancel itself out cause it’s really cold? :stuck_out_tongue:

The really cold diet. :smiley:

This might help: health.howstuffworks.com/question447.htm

Yes, if you eat something cold, your body has to warm itself up again which takes up calories. But not enough for ice cream to cancel itself out. One litre of ice cold water takes 37 calories to reach body temperature.

These facts come from my Brain.

But…but…drinking cold water is bad for you.

[quote=“lupillus”]But…but…drinking cold water is bad for you.[/quote]Yes it has negative chi because it’s cold, and it sucks all the chi out of you and you die.

Celery also uses more calories to digest that it provides.

Iced water and a mango at the wrong time of day makes you die.

Yes, so wtf is with all of these shaved ice with fruit stands all around?
Even in winter they are still busy, by the same f**kers that bitch when I let my son drink cold drinks. :loco:

Not only that, the body needs to exert energy to pee out most of that water. Thus, if you’re really tempted in eating a pack of instant noodles but feel guilty about all those extra calories, cancel it out by first drinking 10 litres of water. Then you’ll be so sick you won’t want to eat the instant noodles and you get to burn off an additional 370+ calories.

Drinking too much water can kill you (no shit):

msnbc.msn.com/id/16614865/

“Water intoxication” (it can also make you drunk, which is obviously more fun than dying)

Iced water -> shower
Hot water -> drink
:loco:

Sugar in chocolate -> too sweet
Sugar in fatty BBQ pork sausages -> yummy!!!
:loco:

[quote=“bobl”]Yes, so wtf is with all of these shaved ice with fruit stands all around?
Even in winter they are still busy, by the same f**kers that bitch when I let my son drink cold drinks. :loco:[/quote]

You just don’t understand … artificially colored syrups, red beans and preserved fruit stuff cancels out the bad chi … makes it healthy :s

hot food more calories? exactly opposite. in hot food the calories have already been burned into heat, meaning it has less calories left. cold food by comparison has more.

Burnt foods contain fewer calories because the chemical bonds that hold the food molecules together have been destroyed or denatured in the process. This in turn means there are fewer bonds to be broken during digestion = less energy. Face it, there aren’t many calories left in a piece of truly blackened toast. Some foods are better at withstanding heat than others. Apparently, carbs tend to do better than proteins. This part is all fact (I believe).

However, I’m not sure the same rules apply to warmed or hot foods. Theoretically, if all the molecule bonds are still intact and have not been denatured, then they should hold the same potential energy as raw foods. In fact, the heating might even make it easier for your body to finish the job of breaking the bonds = meaning your body gets all the calories and uses less energy in the digestion process! But alas, I am truly talking out of my ass on this bit.

What does all this mean. Don’t have a clue really.

Hot food has more calories, but less vitamins. Heat doesn’t destroy calories, it destroys vitamins. (I think)

Also, the more snow you eat, the thirstier you will be. Cold food uses more calories to digest (Not really to digest, but to warm up the cold food.).

So I’d have to say that in general, hot food is less healthy, but it represents more calories.

Thermodynamically speaking, hot food contains more calories because it has more energy in it by being warm.

The question should be phrased what is the difference in carbohydrate absorption between hot and cold food…Personally I don’t think it makes much difference.

Unless the food is so hot that it makes you perspire and requires your body to expend energy to cool yourself down.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]Personally I don’t think it makes much difference.

Unless the food is so hot that it makes you perspire and requires your body to expend energy to cool yourself down.[/quote]But that’s the question… How about “unless” the food is so cold that it requires energy to warm yourself up?

what if it’s so cold that it sticks to your lips and you have to have it surgically removed?

[quote=“bobepine”][quote=“ac_dropout”]Personally I don’t think it makes much difference.

Unless the food is so hot that it makes you perspire and requires your body to expend energy to cool yourself down.[/quote]But that’s the question… How about “unless” the food is so cold that it requires energy to warm yourself up?[/quote]

But hot food have the advantage that you lose water weight while sweating

[quote=“ac_dropout”]The question should be phrased what is the difference in carbohydrate absorption between hot and cold food…Personally I don’t think it makes much difference.
[/quote]

So, eating only hot meat and fat, and leaffy greens won’t have any impact on absorption of calories in your body … because they don’t have carbs … what a diet we can go on …

[quote=“bobl”]Yes, so wtf is with all of these shaved ice with fruit stands all around?
Even in winter they are still busy, by the same f**kers that bitch when I let my son drink cold drinks. :loco:[/quote]I must have missed the sign at CKS airport that said “all people in Taiwan are Chinese medicine experts, and furthermore they all have an extremely hardline approach to it so that they will never have the odd cold drink or shaved ice dessert”.

Just as I missed the sign in Heathrow that said “Everyone in the UK takes lots of exercise, eats salad every day, and in general does exactly what Western medical science tells him/her to do in order to maintain optimum health. Furthermore, no doctors ever smoke.”

I’m not having a go at you, bobl; just at the common idea that the popularity of shaved ice desserts is somehow a contradiction of all Chinese medical theory.