Dog and Cat Meat now Banned

Imagine if animals could talk to you?
Would you eat them?
That day is coming soon…

I’d like to stop
But why are they so damn tasty

You don’t bond with your bovine patients?

I try to maintain a good bedside manner with all my patients, but in terms of keeping pets, I just don’t have enough space in my apartment for a cow, so it’s a non-starter.

Me too. Seems to me that some laws about animal rights seem to be convenient more than anything else. I don’t eat dogs, great lets make that illegal so. Although when it comes to animal rights it is pretty much impossible to not be a hypocrite.

There’s a thread from a couple of years ago with a video of a woman with some police entering some restaurant’s kitchen in which a dog was being butchered. I’ll link it later.

For some reason, I thought there was already a ban???
Or what law was/is in place already that made me think like that?

I remember that as well. It was her dog. Horrifying.

Are you sure it was her dog? Oh man…

Video is still up.

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

I don’t even like animals but this is just crazy.:nauseated_face:

That’s what I came away with at the time. I can still hear her wailing.

It is like walking in when your child is being murdered… for animal lovers or not, imagine raising a living being 14, 18 years… and then have it stolen from you then see it being skinned and tore apart.

i’m curious as to what is actually going to count as animal cruelty in these new laws… lots of people seem to not be able to take care of their dogs. not feeding them or letting them walk around the streets to create more strays, can the owners be fined for this?
my gf saw a puppy waiting outside her apartment for like 2 days. fed it (it was really hungry) and saw a vet to check if it had an owner or not(they said no and it also had no collar) the dog looked pretty shook too. turns out it belongs to one of her neighbours and this is how they take care of it i guess?

I guess its rough to be in her shoes there. You could also imagine being skinned and torn apart, not exactly a happy place either.

I would have had to leave the island after retribution had that been my dog.

I am not a violent person but I am worried that I may just slaughter that person if he had just cut my cat into pieces. And feed him to lions at the zoo.

But yes, I see young cattle around where I live and the thought that they will be turned into hamburger is sad.

I try not to eat large animals as much as possible. Chickens it is most of the time. And even so , when I was a child and my family would buy a live chicken, then my auntie will slit its throat and honestly I couldn’t eat a single piece of that chicken later.

Perhaps fish it should be. Fish are not as “bright” right?

There is some reasoning to not eating carnivores, because they are far up the food chain and because WE are the ultimate carnivores aren’t we? Although we are omnivores, but humans mainly or largely eat MEAT.

It would put us closer to eating fellow humans when we eat cats and dogs.

Personally I don’t eat much meat. And here in Taiwan you are not even sure what you are eating when they serve you “meat” in the restaurants…

Mystery meat isn’t just a funny saying anymore, but reality

Biologically speaking our closest domestic animal relative is the pig. Bout a hundred million years to a common ancestor.

The other thing about the food chain is that the higher you go, the more nasty stuff has accumulated in an animal’s tissue.