Don't ever put anything important in luggage. TSA is the worst

I went to the US for a wedding and I got a game that you can only get to play in English in north america. I left the game inside my luggage and got a checked luggage notice inside my by bag when I got home. TSA left the case for my disk and took the disk inside which was an extra dick move. If youre going to steal it take the whole thing…I also have had my medication stolen before. TSA needs to go.

Yes, TSA is a joke.

My inner nerd is as furious as you are.

That’s 60USD down the drain and now you have the case to remind you how dick TSA are.

They took it just because you’re taking it across a region?

No they just stole it. Left the case like nothing has happened. My bet is they saw that the tag was going from DFW-LAX to Taipei and knew I wouldn’t see it until I got to taipei and just took it.

wow, what a wind up.

i find it amazing how i never have any trouble flying apart from my own country. last time i was in uk i was getting questioned as to why i fly to china, because of terrorism and such. i was flying to taiwan so you can imagine how that conversation went.

This article is from 5 years ago. It hasn’t gotten any better

And from 2 years ago

1 Like

I never put anything valuable in the checked-in baggage. Electronics, games, money, are likely to be stolen.

I assume they will try to steal something.

I can’t believe they left the letter of notice that they checked it too.

FTA:

In February, 2011, two TSA officers were arrested for stealing $40,000 in cash from a checked bag in New York’s John F. Kennedy Airport. Using an X-ray machine, the men found that the bag contained $170,000 and removed some of the money.

Why would you place 170,000 USD in cash in checked baggage?

I would never leave valuables such as electronics in my check-in baggage. A lot of items from that article Goose shared were all valuables in which I always keep in my carry on.

However, in Andrew’s case, a console game? I wouldn’t think twice about leaving a console game and case inside my check in baggage because I would never think someone would steal it. The 2-3 bottles of vitamins we bring back to Taiwan are probably worth more than that game.

Whenever I visit the US on business these days, I load up on stuff from Amazon, etc, for my kid (I’m one of those freaks who goes Christmas shopping in April). So, I haven’t thought too much about what I am stuffing in my luggage. Sure, TSA ruffles things around my bags, but I haven’t lost anything yet.

I am definitely going to be more mindful going forward :beer: thanks to @Andrew0409 for posting about this.

I don’t think TSA agents care about vitamins.

1 Like

They should. That stuff is expensive…in Taiwan.

But TSA works in the USA, vitamins are cheap there.

My little trick is to save up a big load of dirty laundry and stuff it in my check-in luggage. It works just like insect repellent. I haven’t had anything go missing yet (knock on wood).

1 Like

Leaving the empty case is really the worst.

If they simply took it out of the bag they may have led you to think that maybe you forgot to pack it or left it somewhere. By leaving the empty case with just a note inside it’s as if they wanted you to know what they did because afterall there’s not much you can do about it.

Absolute scum.

It was not the case of TSA, but when I was going through a hand luggage security check where one must go through the metal detector gate, the security of Guam airport stole my wallet. I put my wallet in the plastic basket for scan and passed through the gate, then when the basket came out, the basket was empty. There was no one who could steal my wallet in front or back of me.

I have traveled many other counties where stealing is a norm, and this Guam Airport was the only case I got stolen my belongings. My blood still boils a bit when I remember their faces and attitude.

I did that unintentionally coming back from Vietnam and they opened the bag, took one of my cans of beer that I brought back, opened it, and dumped it all over the clothes. I assume it was punishment for them opening up a bag of reeking dirty clothes.

Dan
Your can of beer went into a very high altitude and low pressure environment.
That’s most likely why your can popped open. Your suitcase got thrown all over the place before it went up high above the clouds.

I thought it popped open by accident too but the cans tab was popped and pulled back, looked intentional :slight_smile: