Don't ever put anything important in luggage. TSA is the worst

I never ever ever put my wallet through the scanner. It stays in my pocket. Worst that can happen is the drone say’s “what’s that” and demands to check it. 95% of the time nobody cares though.

I always assume that people who work “security” in airports are like traffic wardens or politicians: people who don’t have enough smarts and/or decency to get a proper job. All that shoe-scanning and fastidious removal of cartons of juice has nothing to do with security - no normal person could go through all those pointless rituals day-after-day and stay sane.

Spilled beer plus dirty clothes…I can just imagine the smell when you opened the suitcase. Brings back frat party memories.:slight_smile: I guess you should be glad it wasn’t red wine. I had a bottle of rum from the Philippines leak in my suitcase once. The people in customs probably thought I was a lush.

I’m surprised they didn’t don biohazard suits and burn your suitcase.

You can make your own, you know. Take one litre of cheap gasoline, add 10% industrial-grade methanol, and steep some old leather shoes for 24 hours. Tastes exactly the same!

Hey, I bought the good stuff, aged 15 years. You can actually keep it down if you add enough Coke to it.

1 Like

The worst that happened to me was having my TSA-approved lock cut off by the TSA. My mind still boggles at that… they’re supposed to have a key.

Sometimes I get a little official slip in my bag informing me that it had been opened. Wish I knew what triggered the search, because I didn’t put anything unseemly in it.