Driving with Epilepsy

I didn’t know people with epilepsy cannot get a driver license.

If that’s the case, each time a person is clearly diagnosed with epilepsy there should be an automatic report sent to the motorization office, clearly stating:“THIS GUY/GAL -> NOT GOOD”.

I bet she didn’t disclose the fact she had it. Just so she can drive. She needs to go to prison for a long long time.

Very likely, which is why it should be the hospital/clinic’s duty to contact the motorization and make sure they know person X shouldn’t be allowed to drive.

With so many people hospitalized + a dead kid, I sure hope she’ll have a long trip to jail. In Taiwan what’s the penalty for causing a deadly car accident while drunk or under the influence of drugs? I don’t see a huge difference between getting wasted and driving, and driving while suffering from a condition that can lead to this.

I’d say it’s worse than driving under the influence. She made a sober conscious decision to drive everyday knowing this is a possibility. It’s just selfish. I can understand people make stupid mistakes. But it’s not a mistake when you do it all the time. I’ve tried to drive drunk before younger but had good friends that stopped me. But like I was wasted and wasn’t clearly thinking right. She’s doing this knowing exactly what she’s doing. It’s just wrong.

It’s unlikely. Jail sentences are absurdly low, just look at this

“DRUNK DRIVING Shino Lin may face a maximum jail term of three years and a fine of NT$100,000 if found guilty of hitting and killing a nurse in Taipei, police said”