Earthquakes 2016

yea that wasn’t nice.

5.6 Hualien. Back to sleep.

Four in a row, felt that 4.7 one, too.

Ya, I’m new here… and that scared the living daylights out of me! Then I see online it wasn’t even in Taipei! Jeez

Can’t remember anything like this in my 10 years here. at least 8 quakes pre-midnight, kicking off with that 5.6.
Then another (counting…) 15 overnight. At least.

I was shaken to sleep and shaken awake.

At least 22 in total according to the CWB, going from what I can see on the site now and a friend’s screenshot from earlier. 3.5-5.6. Only felt a few of them down in Tainan, but did get to play a fun game of “is this an earthquake or are we just drunk” with my wife.

As long as all the movement does not activate other faults closer to populated areas, rock on.

I heard ambulance sirens a minute after the initial quake. I hope it was just a false alarm.

I also woke up to what seemed like 10 notifications from the CWB app about an earthquake warning.

[quote=“ranlee”]I heard ambulance sirens a minute after the initial quake. I hope it was just a false alarm.

I also woke up to what seemed like 10 notifications from the CWB app about an earthquake warning.[/quote]

Long is the list -if anyone with better skills can copy paste a screenshot, much obliged.

While quakes in Hualien have the reputation of being “normal” -hah!- this cluster is pretty interesting…

As said, that almost midnight movement was not nice, especially after watching the heartwrenching Aftershock.

Didn’t manage to sleep very well here in Yilan last night, non-stop shaking -_-

Hopefully tonight we may rest uneventfully.

That’s effing great! I regularly play, “Is this an earthquake or is it my irregular heartbeat and/or high blood pressure dizziness?” All of these episodes always start in the same fashion from my own physical/mental perception.

I grabbed my desk which I was sitting in front of last night and was a little fearful when I found that it was most definitely moving.

I really wish Hualien could calm down a bit -_-

It doesn’t feel right, no matter what they say. 12 quake alerts or more in a row makes anyone uneasy.

It’s been non-stop shaking over there for days. Me no likey.

Lots of little shakes in Taipei, much worse on the East Coast no doubt. May isn’t yet 2 days old and I count 19 on the CWB list.

So ther eis this normal list of 6 to 9 quake alerts from Hualien… whne suddenly there is one from Pingtung. 4 pointer. :runaway:

Told ya. All the shaking on one side unlodges the energy in another places…

For the last few weeks if I recall correctly. It may be related to the quakes in Southern Japan. Lots of little smaller quakes may be better than one big one!

For the last few weeks if I recall correctly. It may be related to the quakes in Southern Japan. Lots of little smaller quakes may be better than one big one![/quote]

I hope your thinking is correct!!!

Different location for one just now - 4.8 near Nantou.

Yes, and coords quite close to the big 921 quake, which was at 23.77° N latitude, 120.98° E longitude.