Earthquakes 2016

The only thing I really don’t like about Taiwan are the constant and strong quakes. Shivers me very timbers.

Stay safe guys and gals.

May the earth’s crust there steady itself ASAP.

[quote=“tommy525”]The only thing I really don’t like about Taiwan are the constant and strong quakes. Shivers me very timbers.

Stay safe guys and gals.

May the earth’s crust there steady itself ASAP.[/quote]

Just one those things, heavy rain, typhoons, earthquakes, ain’t it fun.

Miss the volcanoes in the ol country. They give you quakes and rain -acid rain or a shower of ash- at the same time. Good times, good times. And clog rivers, giving you landslides and floods, like typhoons.

appledaily.com.tw/realtimene … 9%E5%A1%8C

Poor turtle island :frowning:

[quote=“Ibis2k12”]http://www.appledaily.com.tw/realtimenews/article/local/20160512/859570/不敵強震 龜山島岩壁崩塌

Poor turtle island :frowning:[/quote]
Could you elaborate for those of us having problems with that link?

Just a video taken from a boat showing rocks falling into the water from a cliff. Rather minor.

[quote=“Chris”][quote=“Ibis2k12”]http://www.appledaily.com.tw/realtimenews/article/local/20160512/859570/不敵強震 龜山島岩壁崩塌

Poor turtle island :frowning:[/quote]
Could you elaborate for those of us having problems with that link?[/quote]

Focus Taiwan has the same video: focustaiwan.tw/news/asoc/201605120017.aspx

So I turn on the tv and they are talking about how this year we already had like 9 over 7 pointer magnitude quakes all over tbe world… Better turn off the tv and try not to think about it…

Not sure if I felt anything… many times I feel like small shakes and yeah, some of those times there was a quake, some others probably not. these two caught me riding on the motorcycle, so…

I had to return to fix the small disaster with the aquariums…

earthquaketrack.com/

good link for quakes around the world

One more for the road.

Not running down to the lobby this time.

Ain’t funny. But that was brief, not that long. At least.

This one was nice… :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“ranlee”]One more for the road.

Not running down to the lobby this time.[/quote]

It’s a big one though… This one probably took place in Southern Taiwan.

[quote=“hansioux”]
It’s a big one though… This one probably took place in Southern Taiwan.[/quote]

I was wrong, it’s at Yilan again, 5.1 this time, 15.9 KM deep.

Hope Ibis is ok.

Well, they did warn us there would be more.

A theoretical quetsion: if Turtle island is a volcano and it suddenly blasts off, where will the wind carry the ashes to?

This coming from someone who comes from an area known to sprout volcanos in a very brief window of time, after constant quakes.

[quote=“hansioux”][quote=“hansioux”]
It’s a big one though… This one probably took place in Southern Taiwan.[/quote]

I was wrong, it’s at Yilan again, 5.1 this time, 15.9 KM deep.[/quote]

I hope that place doesn’t get any damage. The frequency is starting to get a little worrying.

I barely felt this one, I was shaving in the toilet which is on a support beam and I only noticed the earthquake because the balcony door started to make some rattling sound. I had a look at the cabinet where we keep the glasses and it was dancing around a bit, but not even close to the first one from yesterday.

[quote=“Icon”]Well, they did warn us there would be more.

A theoretical quetsion: if Turtle island is a volcano and it suddenly blasts off, where will the wind carry the ashes to?

This coming from someone who comes from an area known to sprout volcanos in a very brief window of time, after constant quakes.[/quote]

If it erupted today it would blow…East Northeast.