Earthquakes 2016

Mild here in Taichung but enough to get my attention

Didnā€™t feel anything here in Xinzhuangā€¦weird lol!

http://cwb.gov.tw/V7e/earthquake/

6.0 off the coast of Taidong, wow. Thatā€™s so far from us, yet we felt it very clearly in Yilan. Usually this kind of wobbleness (is that a word?) comes from Hualien.

Tsunami possibility?

It felt fairly large here in Tainan.

Donā€™t know about tsunamis, but I hope everyone in Green Island will be ok, the center was basically next to them.

Huge jolt here! In the midst of torrential typhoon rain!
Concern for Green Island and Taidong city

I was like, that is not the dog scratching, Iā€™m using him as footrest, was that the cats? Nope, they were also stretched out and relaxed. They do not panic, I do not jolt out of bed.

Was that a quake?

Edit:
Yep. 5.1 in Yilan.

Havenā€™t noticed anything ?_?

I was in an 11th floor, so it was a bit noticeable. Wobbly kind of quake.

I think it was around 6:20AMm Saturday morning, getting ready to cycle and things start shakin.

I was on the second floor, didnā€™t feel anything, but the windows kept creaking, it was a long 7-10 seconds.

Completely selpt through it.
New Zealand on the other hand, holy cow

Yep. Messaged an old friend who lives in Christchurch, asking the idiotic ā€œare you OK?ā€ questions, and he replied, yeah, weā€™re good now that the tsunami sirens have stoppedā€¦

Friggin awful.

tsunami is said to be 2 meters tallā€¦

2.5 thank goodness.

But just the possibility of one gives anyone the hibbie jibbies about the seashore ā€¦ and beyond.

Quake in New Zealand, quake in Japan. Taiwan in the middle.

Mmm. Maybe not the best time to put up Christmas ornaments.

Weā€™ve already had a fairly strong one recently, but it happened under the sea and was not felt too much on land. If I remember correctly we;ve had a 7+ in the sea North of Keelong, and also a 6.5 / 7 East of Turtle Island, both very deep underground.

Yes, I forgot about that one. So, we started the party.

Nobody felt the quake right before 6:00 AM?