Earthquakes 2018

Didn’t feel anything in Kaohsiung. We’ve been pretty lucky so far this year, so I’m sure I’ve jinxed it and now we’ll get the next big one. :confused:

I think the SW part of island is at risk for tsunamis.

Almost a haiku

3 Likes

Up and down is much riskier for buildings. Buildings are designed to sway, but not jump.

Help make it one.
What would it need to be a Haiku?

There you go. 5-7-5

4 Likes

the last line should be more oblique…

A different vibe

Up and down, Not side to side

Meanwhile life goes on

2 Likes

The map on the Central Weather site is lighting up like a Christmas tree. Earthquakes all over the island today, almost on every fault line.

Yeah, I wonder if this distribution is more normal, though. I’m pretty sure the frequency is abnormal (but I only started paying attention recently so not sure about that).

https://earthquake-report.com/2018/02/19/moderate-earthquake-taiwan-february-19-2018/

Small one in Kaoshiung at around 1:20 pm.

Must’ve been very small then. I was (and still am) in an 8th floor apt and didn’t feel a thing.

3.8 but 3.0 at Taoyuan, Kaoshiung City.

Screenshot_20180221-150540

On the shitter for this one. First time for everything.

5.6 Taitung in the ocean.

A deep Hualien rumble. Fairly pleasant, as quakes go.

Haven’t felt anything

In Danshui, I barely felt the one about 45 minutes ago. Probably only noticed it because I was still in bed.

Yup, I barely felt that one, too. It was pretty big and farther out in the ocean than the recent ones (now up to 484 quakes for the month of February). They can stop anytime they want now.

So I don’t want to jinx anything but. . .