Earthquakes 2018

I was probably concentrating on something else.

1 Like

I think they need to send Shin back to graduate school or something. What am I missing?

His teachers told him it was dead, so it cannot be it because there is no volcano there. Silly us to worry about that. As a matter of fact, do not mention that possibility at all, real estate would collapse in taipei, and that cannot ever happen. So, the possibility of a volcano acting up cannot happen.

If it erupts, I’ll be looking for Shin.

1 Like

One thing he is right: bit too deep for volcano. But still, mmm.

Um…no?

1 Like

Alrightalrightalright Mr 3.5 seconds man.

The stretch goal is to last as long as a punk rock song.

Sheena was a punk rocker?

Now that’s a stretch goal. I was thinking more along the lines of:

Maybe on a fair night with the wind at my back.

Yilan and more north need to worry, volcanoes under water close to shore.

Found this statement from other academics:
中央大學地球科學系教授馬國鳳指出,這次的地震屬於隱沒帶地震,根據目前資料分析,該地震應與台灣北部區域由南往北的琉球海溝隱沒帶有關,只是隱沒帶的位置鄰近大屯火山群。

And a more complete statement by Shih, saying they did not observe any changes or activity in Datun, which is why they believe it is not related. That makes more sense.
七星山因冒出白煙,有民眾質疑為火山活動,地調所日前調查排除火山或斷層活動可能,曹恕中表示,今天的地震發生後,地調所已與七星山上的火山觀測所聯繫,觀測所人員外出勘查後並未發現異狀,監測資料也皆無異常。

Sometimes there are no changes, it just happens.

FORMOSAT-5’s Advanced Ionospheric Probe is proving its earthquake forecast capabilities. It observed anomalous level of ionospheric activities above Iran 9 days before the last major earthquake.

Throw more people to monitor the readings, more satellites equipped with this kind of probe, and some neural network to assist data analysis, the day of true earthquake forecast isn’t that far off.

did it happen to catch the big one off the Alaskan coast the other day that created tsunami warnings along the west coasts of both N & S Americas?

they are saying right now the Advanced Ionospheric Probe is producing more than 8GB worth of data every hour or something, so they are severely short-handed when it comes to data analysis.

Methinks that the Tatun volcano thingy did not cause this quake. The tech plates did. But that does NOT mean the tech plates will not affect the Volcano !
It may excite the Volcano group to be more active.
Hence the “white gas” found emitting from the area. Was it from the fumeroles? Was there more then normal gas from those? Methinks yes.

Had a dream that I jumped out of bed here in Yilan at 3:30am because my room was shaking. Hopped on the internet this morning to find out it wasnt a dream.

Didn’t feel anything >_>