Earthquakes 2018

Felt it down here in Tainan too, though obviously more a bit of a wobble.

It looks like there was one in Hualien about 45 minutes ago, and I thought I felt a quake around that time, but I wasnā€™t sure.

That one just now, yup, sure as heck felt that in Danshui. Wasnā€™t especially strong, but it sure lasted forever.

EDIT: No mobile alert for me, which is a little troubling. Arenā€™t we supposed to get those?

It really made me think that it could end badlyā€¦

I swear im still feeling it :open_mouth:

1 Like

Probably the strongest Iā€™ve felt in Yilan, maybe tied with the 6.1 centered on Turtle Island from (IIRC) last year.

9:33:09pm 5.1 from TV news North Hualien coast, but seems that one at 950pm was bigger, no reading yet

It looks like this one and the one from last night are in the exact same placeā€¦ what does that mean?

http://www.jma.go.jp/en/quake/20180204230258393-042256.html

Quite scary, my son stop on pc games and open the door just in case.

This last one was bigger than the first one. They are getting bigger. Usually we have a big one followed by smaller onesā€¦ hmmmm

Im feeling it again just nowā€¦ in luodong

There it goes againā€¦ Alright which one of you clowns are playing tricks on my brain?

Yeah, another aftershock just now.

And another.

stop earthquaking!!!

My first earthquake and what an introduction! :astonished: We were shaking and quaking back and forth here in Nangang. The walls were moving and squeaking and the curtains were moving back and forth. I think I feel aftershocks at 10:12pm

didnā€™t feel any replica.

Sure to be some aftershocks. JMA says 6,5, same area.

itā€™s non stop, dafuq

3 Likes

Sure am happy to be living in a new building. I think I will take the stairs though and skip the elevator

Okay im out of hereā€¦ cig time

1 Like