My Name is Ed Gonzalez and I'd like to tell you about a food stand called "Eddy Burrito" that I along with my wife have recently opened. "Eddy Burrito" is the first place in Taiwan to serve authentic Handmade Mexican Food. We recently opened in Danshui, close to the MRT Station on “Old Street”. We serve Freshly Handmade Mexican Food using recipes that have been used in my family for generations. Though we are only a stand and we currently only have a few things available our taste is authentic. We currently serve Burritos, Quesadillas, Sopapillas and Horchata. We are currently working on an Island wide shipping deal I’ll keep you posted on that.
Some Key points in our cooking:
• Fresh Tortillas made by hand daily. This really makes a huge difference in flavor and quality. You can come and watch as we roll a ball of dough into a tortilla.
• Age old Family recipes from Mexico developed by the Gonzalez Family.
• No Frozen tortillas, canned beans or jarred salsa. Only fresh ingredients including fresh made sauces. Nothing is pre-made
• We are a food stand so we must keep our prices low to compete with the surrounding stands. Burritos 79nt, Quesadillas 59nt, Sopapillas 25nt and Horchata 35nt.
• We are just a small stand so we currently have no staff, just me and my wife so we can maintain the quality of the food.
Burritos – Our Burritos are filled with Mexican Fried Beans, Mexican Red Rice, Marinated Grilled Chicken breast and lined with our Guacamole salsa mix. Finally we add just enough Spicy red Chili sauce which is of course optional. Then we wrap it all up in our handmade Mexican flour tortilla.
Quesadillas – Our Quesadillas are filled with imported cheese and just enough Marinated grilled chicken breast. Then its folded over so as to let the cheese and chicken melt into one another then lined with our Guacamole Salsa Mix and fresh chili sauce (Optional).
Sopapilla - The traditional Sopapilla is actually fried however in our version we prefer to bake it, to better preserve the flavor of the freshly made tortilla. We take the almost cooked tortilla then we spread butter over it with a little bit of sprinkled sugar then fold it over allowing the butter and sugar combo infuse into the tortilla.
Horchata - Horchata is a traditional Mexican drink. Its made mostly from rice water and then sweetened with a combination of things such as cinnamon. This Mexican beverage is often used to offset spicy Mexican food with its semi-sweet flavor. You would be hard pressed to find this drink anywhere else in Taiwan but it is available at Eddy Burrito.
Any Questions just give me an email: EddyBurrito.com