Election results 2016

Exit poll TVBS: Tsai wins with 52%, DPP wins 59 out of 113 seats at LY

taiwannews.com.tw/etn/news_c … id=2869103

[quote=“enzo+”]Exit poll TVBS: Tsai wins with 52%, DPP wins 59 out of 113 seats at LY

taiwannews.com.tw/etn/news_c … id=2869103[/quote]

Clear majority in LY? Glad to see it.

Forumosan Prediction Thread:
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 9&t=152093

Right now PeregrineFalcon’s prediction is looking pretty good.

Jesus, just reporting DPP lead in Taidong?!?

They were reading out the poll results in my hood voting place. Deeply conservative area, Chu had the lead, many Song, but this time Tsai was not absent.

I had never been to this event before: they take each ballot, read the result out loud, show it to the few gathered for the show, write the results on the wall.

Looks like they’ve won both the Presidency and Legislature, that’s good news. We do not want deadlock like 8 years of CSB.

[quote=“hansioux”]Forumosan Prediction Thread:
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 9&t=152093

Right now PeregrineFalcon’s prediction is looking pretty good.[/quote]

Right now it’s between PeregrineFalcon’s Tsai 57%, Chu 30%, Soong 13% and Gain’s Tsai 63%, Chu 33%, Song 4%.

Anybody got figures for the indigenous areas? Always good for a laugh when the KMT picks up 90% of the vote.

Hey, my three kids voted for an Independent for their constituency and DPP for Prez and LY.

OTOH my wife voted for James Soong- again.

So far KMT’s 鄭天財 and 廖國棟, and DPP’s 陳瑩 are leading in the Plains Aboriginal Legislator race. Non-Partisan Solidarity Union’s Giwas Ali (高金素梅), KMT’s 孔文吉 and 簡東明 are leading the Mountainous Area Aboriginal Legislator race.

Soong won in our hood. And from the preliminary results, he will be a real pain in DPP’s derriere, especially if allied with KMT.

[quote=“enzo+”]Exit poll TVBS: Tsai wins with 52%, DPP wins 59 out of 113 seats at LY

taiwannews.com.tw/etn/news_c … id=2869103[/quote]

Only 59? That’s weaker than I expected.

Whats needed to pass a bill in the legislature, 51% or higher number of votes?

58 legislators for most. Dpp will get app 67

Excellent, with the Presidency and legislative majority. Now lets see what they can do in the next 4 years.

I’m confused now…

Chu is giving the acceptance defeat speech.

Chu is conceding. Tsai has ~60% and has gotten almost 2x his votes. So much for her support not increasing since the last election - I take it the people who claimed otherwise understand how opinion polls work now?

Yes… I do tend to lean a bit blue,… But Chu’s concession speech is cracking me up. That music, lol.

Shocking music…sunday arvo weepies music is what that is