Electrical Grounding

So none of my outlets in my apartment are grounded, in fact two of my outlets are actually 220V’s made to appear like 110V’s which caused the blowout of a laptop. My question: Does electrical code in Taiwan require grounds on outlets yet? Can I force my land lord to install these? When I first approached him he did some hand waving and said that it wasn’t a problem.

I run some serious electrical hardware, so it is a problem. Should I just do this myself, or is there some recourse I can use to make him install proper grounded electrical?

Most electrical cords for modern laptops can be used with 110 and 220 volt outlets. They have transformers that convert it to 5 volts. As for three holed outlets, they are very rare here in Taiwan.

Yet I seem to have a home full of appliances that were originally three-pronged. I pry off the third prong because I don’t really see another option, but I do worry about possible consequences, and I’d be looking for other ways to handle proper electrical hardware (not that I know what those options are - finding a different workspace?).