Electricity cut off for non payment.

Well… Not intentionally of course.
I was away for 3 months and continued to transfer money to the landlords account, i told her that I was going to be away and would not be able to get the next bill… i guess my inference wasn’t enough and I returned to the apartment to overdue notices and electricity cut off. Water is still on for another week luckily.

I’m going to go on Monday to take care of it as the bill is only $1100 but does anyone know if the reconnection fee will be very high? And how long they take to reconnect? Next time I’ll see if I can set it up on auto withdrawals even though it’s in the landlords name so I won’t have to feel like a deadbeat.

No reply so I guess nobody had this experience.
Well, I found out that although the electricity company is closed today, their hotline 1911 is 247. My bill is $1100 and she said to bring $2000 to their office on Monday so I guess that’s the reconnection charge so not as bad as I thought. Although she said I need to bring my landlords ID to the office for reconnection and I don’t really want to have that conversation with her so hopefully I can just go in pay it and be done.

Take your contract with you.
You might as well change the billing into your name.