Electronic Music in Taipei?

Hi all!

New to the forum, I am planning on moving from Columbus, Ohio to Taipei, hopefully by early July.

There is one question that I have not found the answer to through my research, and hopefully those of you currently living in Taipei can answer it!

I am an electronic music DJ here in Ohio, and I would love to continue my passion while I am in Taipei. How big is the rave/dance scene in Taipei, and have you ever seen foreign DJ’s at the clubs?

Thanks!

Get in touch with djmarcusa. He runs the website www.waakao.com, has played in all the clubs and is a genuinely great guy. He should be able to give you the lowdown.

Awesome! I sent him a PM, if anyone else would like to chime in it would be appreciated. I need to know whether or not I should worry about bringing my equipment with me.

Hi everyone,

are there any recommendations for electronic music in Taipei? So far I’ve found Korner (haven’t been there yet) and Species Records.

Anybody going out once in a while? Preferably 30+, no posh/EDM, who head for the venue for the music.

Local artist recommendations also welcome

References:

http://kbn.tw/

Thanks!

Ferris

This is amazing that you shared.

1 Like

It’s pretty popular. People are all about it, especially the rich kids that are western educated that are back living here. Get with the right crowd and you’ll make plenty of you get popular. But it’s all about connects. You can be good but if you don’t know the right people, you’ll get no where. Same with the other at around. Some really shitty DJs play at big clubs all the time.