Email contact not working?

I just changed the email address in my profile, and never rec’d any confirmation. I’ve tried sending myself emails via forumosa and got zip diddly squat back too.

The obvious answer is that I mis-spelt my email address, but I’ve double-checked it. Is anyone else getting this problem?

Ta.

See here: [forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … 807#268807](Yet Another Fresh Start (Feature Wishlist)

Most sites block mail from unknown hosts, so until one of the site owners fix the hostnames it’ll be broken for many people.

[quote=“jlick”]See here: [forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … 807#268807](Yet Another Fresh Start (Feature Wishlist)

Most sites block mail from unknown hosts, so until one of the site owners fix the hostnames it’ll be broken for many people.[/quote]

Does this mean that my ISP is preventing mail getting through from forumosa.com? Or is the problem with forumosa? I don’t understand.

Someone tried to send me an important email via forumosa a few days ago, and it hasn’t arrived. I’ll switch it back to my old netscape account for now, but I’d like to fix this. Who do I have to yell at?

Yes.

Yes.

The problem is that a lot of spam gets sent claiming to be from hosts or email addresses that don’t exist. So most ISPs block mail claiming to come from hosts or email addresses that don’t exist. Forumosa is sending out mail from a host claiming to be oriented.forumosa.com and claiming to have a sender address of www-data@oriented.forumosa.com, but oriented.forumosa.com does not exist. Forumosa should either stop using a hostname that doesn’t exist, or add host oriented.forumosa.com to DNS. Should take about 5 minutes to do the latter.

One of the forumosa admins.

Here’s an example of header lines containing oriented.forumosa.com:

Return-Path: <www-data@oriented.forumosa.com> Received: from oriented.forumosa.com ([66.135.38.230]) by <redacted> with ESMTP id d7si33497wra.2005.01.17.02.49.37; Mon, 17 Jan 2005 02:49:37 -0800 (PST) Received: by oriented.forumosa.com (Postfix, from userid 33) id 90803298071; Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:49:36 +0000 (UTC)

But the host oriented.forumosa.com doesn’t exist:

% host oriented.forumosa.com Host oriented.forumosa.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

Or maybe you can ask Maoman to confirm with you what address you have regisitered. Maybe you typed it in wrong ? Or you typed it in right and some bug in forumosa changed one of the letters.

Done that. And checked it myself too in my profile. It’s the same as the one on my business cards, but without the spelling mistake on my job title.

:fume: :fume: [color=red]
YO!! ADMINS!! FIX THIS PLEASE!! IT’S IMPORTANT!!
[/color] :fume: :fume:

Done that. And checked it myself too in my profile. It’s the same as the one on my business cards, but without the spelling mistake on my job title.

:fume: :fume: [color=red]
YO!! ADMINS!! FIX THIS PLEASE!! IT’S IMPORTANT!!
[/color] :fume: :fume:[/quote]

Maybe you should pay them.

Oh, wait… you tried that one :s My bad.