Emirates Airlines bans employees from wearing ROC flag

Are you talking spontaneous combustion?

I didn’t think about that, but entirely possible. More like they’re probably slow and will get stuck in emergency exit situations. How’s she suppose to help me get out of the plane when she can’t even make it out? What if we have a rocky landing and she falls and lands on a passenger? I’m strong but with some of the stewardess on US airline… I think I’d be a goner.

I hope you never say stuff like this out loud in the States. The big and beautiful brigade would give you a serious stomping. :slight_smile:

I like the hefty middle-aged stewardesses for their non-nonsense, can-do attitude.

Might be why I don’t live or go there much anymore…

But I find any US airline to have God awful service. Like everything I ask is such a burden.

I find it depends on the carrier. UA and AA are definitely hell on wings, but I’ve had no problems with Alaska or Delta.

I heard Jetblue is nice, but not much flights. I usually fly AA, first time with UA when I went back in February…never again. UA was like paying for torture

UA is definitely the worst of the worst. I’d almost rather fly on China Airlines and risk ending up in the Pacific…almost.

The thing is that you cannot be that thin. I see some stewardresses here and I wonder how the heck do they even open the plane doors. I mean, it’s hydtraulic and all, but they look like any other Taiwanese chick who cannot even carry a bag of groceries. What if you have to face a violent passenger or defend against a terrorist? heck, just help carry someone who is sick or unconscious? That is why you have a minimum weight and height. Especially height for safety reasons.

hmmm, you just gave me a business idea. I should create a certificate training course like CPR for stewardesses in strength training for safety. Should pitch the idea to EVA right away.

I taught English for stewardress. I think CPR, basic first aid is covered in their courses. If I were you, I’d teach them a few self defense tactics and some pointers on exercise while jet lagged. Lifesavers.

they can def benefit from some basic jujitsu training in subduing bigger people.

I don’t think basic jujitsu training is gonna help stewardesses that much in dealing with big, enraged drunks or worse. Upping the ratio of stewards makes more sense. And that’s what air marshals are on the plane for.

You’d be surprised, everyone can throw a punch on some level. But it’s not realistic on a plane. Beside disarming someone with Krav Maga, bjj can be more easily done if one person that is being drunk and acting out. Of all of the martial arts, nothing makes me more uncomfortable grappling against someone who’s trained and skilled even if they are 30-40kgs lighter. If there are multiple actual terrorist. I don’t think any number of stewardesses will do anything unles they went through some serious combat training. But if we are talking about one belligerent person. They can easily take them down with some basic bjj against someone untrained.

I’m not disputing the effectiveness of BJJ…it’s solid stuff. I learned some pretty effective techniques in wing chen for neutralizing BJJ attacks, but once they get behind you or on the ground, all bets are off. But a slender stewardess with a little basic training against a big angry drunk? My money is still on the big angry drunk.

It’s probably true one on one. But not much else you can do I guess. You’re not going to out punch the guy. If you can take him to the ground, assuming you have help, it gives a chance for other to help you. Thus you take advantage one of the weaknesses of bjj, it’s terrible if you have multiple guys attacking you since you’re on the ground. So I would still say it’s the best chance. [quote=“Dr_Milker, post:94, topic:160632, full:true”]

I’m not disputing the effectiveness of BJJ…it’s solid stuff. I learned some pretty effective techniques in wing chen for neutralizing BJJ attacks, but once they get behind you or on the ground, all bets are off. But a slender stewardess with a little basic training against a big angry drunk? My money is still on the big angry drunk.
[/quote]

This is why I think it’s a good idea to have a higher ratio of stewards on a flight. They’re gonna be faster and stronger than the stewardesses, so they can provide that help when it’s needed.

But the scenario that freaks me out is if you have a situation where things escalate to the point that the air marshal comes into play (terrorist, etc.). Having shots fired on an airplane at 30,000 feet is not a pretty thought.

With the escalating violence in society and on planes in particular, the time of the pretty little lady stewardess may be drawing to a close. IN the near future it may all be highly trained MMA fighters (usually men) in order to preserve order onboard.

The last time ever ask for a extra water.

Some 'roided up hot head wondering the aisles. Just what an already stressful situation needs.

1 Like

the height is for safety reasons? i thought it was for looks alone.

Too tall, air turbulence, you break your neck. Too small, can’t reach the overhead bins or loading food carts.