Emoticons/Smilies

Since the :stuck_out_tongue: disappeared, I don’t know what else I can use except the :moo:

How about the :saywhat: Like I suggested.

Where’s the “spazz” emoticon? :-P~

Or the “dork” one? 8-B

[quote=“ImaniOU”]Where’s the “spazz” emoticon? :-P~

Or the “dork” one? 8-B[/quote]

I love that dork one. if I had seen that on irc 7 years ago, I would have bust a gut laughing.

How about the :saywhat: Like I suggested.[/quote]

I’m not sure those two are the same, Quirky. :stuck_out_tongue: is more like, “I’m being impish” or even a bit mischievious (sp?). Where :saywhat: is more of a “Say What?” as its name implies or “Let me think about that a bit. Hmmmm?!?!?” type of smilie/emoticon.

I like some of the ones that Stevieboy suggested: the applause, the rolling on the floor laughing, the cussing smilie, the crazy/shaking one, and the sleeping one.

A drooling one could be good. And, not just for Omni and Blueface. I think we can all use it from time to time… :-p

How about two smilies holding hands or kissing. However, to be fair, you’d have to have two male smilies, two female smilies, and then a het pair of smilies. :-p Unless, of course, someone is going to try to have a constitutional amendment that physical contact between smilies is defined only as being between a male smilie and a female smilie. :unamused: :imp:

This is our current collection of emoticons. Should any of these be deleted? Are there any others you’d like to see added? (Try to keep them 15 pixels in height)

:laughing: :smiley: :slight_smile: :neutral: :bugged: :s :sunglasses: :cry: :imp: :lovestruck: :ohreally: :blush: :rainbow: :raspberry: :rolleyes: :frowning: :shocker: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiling_imp: :wink: :america: :canada: :eu: :uk: :banned: :beatsme: :beer: :bluemad: :boo-hoo: :bouncy: :bow: :braveheart: :candycane: :charliebrown: :astonished: :exclamation: :fatchance: :finger: :flowers: :grrr: :heart: :help: :homer: :howyoudoin: :hubba: :bulb: :idunno: :lightbulb: :x :mickey: :minnie: :mrgreen: :newbie: :nono: :nsfw: :notworthy: :noway: :offtopic: :brother: :post: :question: :readbetweenthelines: :saywhat: :scooby: :sleepy: :snoopy: :snore: :spam: :stinkyface: :thumbsdown: :thumbsup: :tic: :uhhuh: :upyours: :wanker: :woodstock: :yinyang: :asshole: :chicken: :cow:

There are a lot I could live without, but the one I’d like to see is the ‘vomit’ smiley - a nice all-purpose one :slight_smile:

How about moving the .gif files into the new directory where the addresses have been changed to?

GUS!!

None of this site’s smilies are working at the moment.
'cept Matthew’s raspberry smiley is working all right.

[quote=“tofu_cortex”]None of this site’s smilies are working at the moment.
'cept Matthew’s raspberry smiley is working all right.[/quote]I’m glad you have the same problem, I thought I was imagining it when everyone carried on using broken smilies (How can you not notice ?). My raspberry worked because I manually entered the correct URL for the image.
The directory on the server has been changed from /3 to /taiwan, so have the links to the smilies, but the smilies themselves are still in /3, so they don’t show up.

THE SMILIES ARE ALL BROKEN

:frowning: :s :neutral: :slight_smile: :smiley: :rainbow: :laughing:

:wink:

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]:frowning: :s :neutral: :slight_smile: :smiley: :rainbow: :laughing:

:wink:[/quote]Can anyone see any of these ?

All of them. :smiley:

I can see them… I think I can hear them too… is there anything wrong with me?

:wink: :laughing: :bouncy:

Can someone explain how you can see this file:

http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/images/smiles/IconSmile.gifWhen it doesn’t exsist,
but

http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/images/smiles/icon_smile.gifandhttp://www.forumosa.com/3/images/smiles/IconSmile.gifDo exist, but the smilie doesn’t point at them ?

While most of the smilies have died and their corpses are making a mess of the posts (on my home and office computers alike), those put up by Steeevieboy and MaPo in this thread are still alive and well.

[quote=“Quirky”]Can we please please kill that cow. :x
I much prefer a raise eyebrow eyecon or the :saywhat: icon. Please don’t take this as a rant. :unamused: The cow is so unpleasing aesthetically. It is quadruple the size of the other emoticons :shock: and just plain hideous. Not to mention that cows can contract bovine spongiform encephalopathy which leads to Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease in humans :!: Do we really want to be proponents of such a beast :?:
Does anyone have any other proposals related to emoticons :?: We can discuss them on this thread. :slight_smile:[/quote]

yeah, the cow really sucked. what complete crap. oh, its gone already. nevermind

-chris

I can’t see any of the smileys.

The ones in my sig are OK though! Heheh! Feel free to use them instead if you want.

Who gives a toss whether we can see smilies as long as we can see Mother T’s avatar smiling.

:blush: