English-speaking dentist in Taipei (near Da'an)?

My wife and I would appreciate any recommendations for an English-speaking dentist in Taipei. We are near Da’an Forest Park. Many thanks!

1 Like

Yale Dental Clinic. They’re extremely busy. Two of the doctors I had to deal with there speak English.

[Edit] Having trouble adding a Google Map link. Just copy and paste this in Google Map to get location.
雄心跆拳道 號, No. 220, Section 1, Heping East Road, Da’an District, Taipei City, Taiwan 106

Yale

Most Dentist here in Taiwan speak English so no need to worry.

2 Likes

The dentists at Taiwan Adventist Hospital (on Bade, between Fuxing and Dunhua) are fully bilingual. I started visiting them after reading some recommendations on forumosa a few years ago, and can vouch that they are very professional.

Guy

Thanks everyone for the recommendations! We’ll go check out Yale Dental Clinic, and if they’re too busy we’ll try Taiwan Adventist Hospital. Very helpful and much appreciated.

1 Like

Thank you Schuster, we went to our appointments at Yale Dental Clinic this morning and had a good experience. Cost of an exam and cleaning is NT 1500.

In curiosity I’m wondering if Taipei folk generally pay 1500 a visit or if.its a typo of 150, or that’s without local health care insurance or if that is the price difference for quality in Taiwan?

I am Well aware of the quality in southern Taiwan, scars to prove it, but curious as to actual cost of north vs south. Down in sw Taiwan 150 is max unless special care. Just had a root canal without crown and it was free…all 3 visits. Granted that’s aboriginal area but seems to vary lots and never get a clear idea why in most circumstances

NT$150 for cleaning with NHI. Must be a typo.

Hi sir. Can I ask how can contact that dentist? Or you can visit the clinic without appointment anytime?? Let me know… Thanks…

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. The “quality” of the $150nt treatment from my experience has been very poor.

Does anyone have any recent suggestions for a decent English-speaking dentist? My usual place has apparently closed down and I have a chipped tooth I want to get checked. Hoping someone can save me a bit of legwork.

Preferred criteria are as follows:

• I want a clinic rather than a hospital
  • Somewhere covered by NHI
  • Not the grottiest place where I’m worried I might get hepatitis, but also not some premium cosmetic-dentistry-type one
  • Ideally around Guting/Taipower Building/Gongguan area. A bit further, like anywhere in Zhongzheng or Da’an is fine, but don’t want to trek all the way across the city.
  • Manageable English
  • Not so busy that there’s a long waiting time to get an appointment (early next week would be good)

Dr. Lin (James Lin, I don’t know his Chinese name) speaks perfect English, and he studied in the US. It’s a clean place and near the area you suggested. I went some months ago for the bi-annual cleaning and used NHI, so it should work for your procedure.

1 Like