English teachers nabbed in drug-ring bust (Part 2)

[quote=“alidarbac”][quote=“Comrade Stalin”][quote=“mod lang”]Option 1: You’re a liar.

Option 2: You’re an idiot.

Option 3: You have no social life.

Note: 1, 2, and 3 apply equally to “foreigners” and “Taiwanese”. There’s no way getting around it - pick one of the 3.[/quote]
To whom or what are you addressing this post?[/quote]
I would think that he’s referring to:

To which I add second mod lang’s opinion. I probably have one of the lamest social lives of any foreigner in Taiwan and even I have seen a boatlod of pot/hash going around house parties, bars, and outdoor events. And that’s among the foreigners, who are at least semi-discreet about it. Locals can be ten times worse with just snorting/smoking that shit out in the open.[/quote]
I was thinking that too, but he never did reply to my PM asking him if that was the case.

Anyway, as I wrote before – “hanging around with the wrong crowd.” But it’s your choice to hang out with them, so maybe they’re the right crowd for you. Ain’t freedom grand?

Yeah, sometimes on a Friday after a a long week the crew and I like to kick back with a couple of beers and see what local actor we can get on the horn to come over do some performances for a few bucks. I don’t get it - were they fully clothed when the cops busted in?

Entertain them how, exactly?

Wait… never mind.

Well,

Thankfully Jolin has agreed to hold some entertaining “I can’t dance or sing but I make boatloads of money” shows in the homes of local expats.

I’m working on F4 to come over and hum while I clean up my patio.

Anyone who has leads on how to contact that irritating “George and Mary” guy (Will?), let me know here. He’s one of the top acts for entertaining crowds of 2~5 but I bet he’s booked what with all of the movie nights happening lately.

profitable sideline, smoking drinking bullshitting act.

:laughing: I think you just did! :bravo:

Anyway, does anyone know if it’s possible that these guys get extradited?

Not I.

Would’ve thought that a prerequisite of an extradition treaty/agreement was an official diplomatic relationship between the two countries involved.

[quote=“sojourner”]Well,

Thankfully Jolin has agreed to hold some entertaining “I can’t dance or sing but I make boatloads of money” shows in the homes of local expats.[/quote]Sounds like a plan to me. :howyoudoin:

why don’t they just decriminalize that shit? hell , i could grow pot all up and down here if i was into that and they’d never find it. that stuff would grow like…well, like weed here.
what i’m saying is, though i take a dismal view of drugs and the people who get hooked on them( as i do the horses and mah jong)…
YOU CAN’T STOP IT!!! people wanna get high, there should be a place for it.look at girly pics, a place for it. get laid, a place for it. get spiritually filled, a place for it. everything should have it’s place and be properly regulated and taxed in a free society. and it should be out of sight out of mind(never in view of the family man unless you know the place) and out of reach for anybody under 21.

:nsfw:

http://www.illwillpress.com/drugs.html

Hope this sheds some insite into how we view this topic. :laughing:

Who’s “we”?

Not me. I thought that comic was annoying. And the little grey guy is an assh0le; not because he disagrees with a way of life, but because he uses the law to enforce his own way of life on others.

There are and they are called bars. You can get high and stoned all you want. You can pass out in the gutter, puke on strangers, and piss on your own shoes. Just as long as it’s the LEGAL mind-altering drug, alcohol.

Now 'scuse me while I start a barfight by randomly groping some other dude’s girl. Hic!

I think Ozzy Osborne said it best when he told his kids “Kids, don’t do drugs - just look at me.”

And this coming from someone with no aversion to the occasional toke, drink, or smoke.

As far as the whole issue of drug use goes - personally I think people who lump all drugs together, whether they’re pro or anti, do the argument a tremendous injustice. I think rather than the “LET’S ALL GET HIGH MAAAAAAAAN” or “DO DRUGS AND BURN IN HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY” cockfights, we would do much better to look at some of the smaller items - where does the line get drawn? And why is it drawn there? Why are caffeine, alcohol, and cigarettes legal, while ecstasy, marijuana, and, say, mushies aren’t? (Note: basically just picking three random drug names there. Not basing it on any knowledge - aside from marijuana - of potential effects.) I mean, for example, how many people have died as an effect of someone “overdosing” on alcohol, through drunk driving, fist fights, or alcohol poisoning? Where should the line be drawn and why? Personally I’d be in favor of marijuana being added to the list of “acceptable” drugs, in that the potential harmful effects on a personal level are at roughly the same level as cigarettes and alcohol, with the effects on those around a “user” somewhere between the aforementioned two, in my experience. (By that I mean while you’re not likely to kill anyone or even pick a fight while stoned, you’re certainly not in much of a condition for social intercourse.)

i know a guy who did pick a fight with me while he was high, but he’d also had about 3 beers too.

[quote=“Tetsuo”]I think Ozzy Osborne said it best when he told his kids “Kids, don’t do drugs - just look at me.”

And this coming from someone with no aversion to the occasional toke, drink, or smoke.

As far as the whole issue of drug use goes - personally I think people who lump all drugs together, whether they’re pro or anti, do the argument a tremendous injustice. I think rather than the “LET’S ALL GET HIGH MAAAAAAAAN” or “DO DRUGS AND BURN IN HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY” cockfights, we would do much better to look at some of the smaller items - where does the line get drawn? And why is it drawn there? Why are caffeine, alcohol, and cigarettes legal, while ecstasy, marijuana, and, say, mushies aren’t? (Note: basically just picking three random drug names there. Not basing it on any knowledge - aside from marijuana - of potential effects.) I mean, for example, how many people have died as an effect of someone “overdosing” on alcohol, through drunk driving, fist fights, or alcohol poisoning? Where should the line be drawn and why? Personally I’d be in favor of marijuana being added to the list of “acceptable” drugs, in that the potential harmful effects on a personal level are at roughly the same level as cigarettes and alcohol, with the effects on those around a “user” somewhere between the aforementioned two, in my experience. (By that I mean while you’re not likely to kill anyone or even pick a fight while stoned, you’re certainly not in much of a condition for social intercourse.)[/quote]

Hundreds if not thousands of people die each year from alcohol poisoning. You know how many people die each year from…say…ecstasy? Don’t know…but I’d bet a lot that it’s under 10. Most likely under 1.

In England X was getting “out of control”, but the media didn’t have too many negative things to say about it. But then something great happend…someone young died on ecstasy. The media was happy…they put pictures and billboards of the girl all over the country with the slogan “ECSTASY KILLS!!!”…but if you looked into the situation a little…you would have discovered that what happend was…that the girl had taken ecstasy…felt the effects were too strong…asked a friend what she could do to reduce the effects…her friend said “Drink water.”…so she did…until her stomach burst…and she died.

So technically the billboards should have read “WATER KILLS!!!”.

Posters sidenote: I think X is really bad…because it alters your natural base mood line causing you to always be a bit more depressed than you should be…once you are doing X on a semi-regular basis. And the more you do X the more your life will suck when you’re not on it.

[quote=“Mordeth”]
Posters sidenote: I think X is really bad…because it alters your natural base mood line causing you to always be a bit more depressed than you should be…once you are doing X on a semi-regular basis. And the more you do X the more your life will suck when you’re not on it.[/quote]

Isn’t that true of most drugs, though? Alcoholics and junkies are depressed and feel their lives suck when they’re not on their high.

[quote=“mod lang”][quote=“Mordeth”]
Posters sidenote: I think X is really bad…because it alters your natural base mood line causing you to always be a bit more depressed than you should be…once you are doing X on a semi-regular basis. And the more you do X the more your life will suck when you’re not on it.[/quote]

Isn’t that true of most drugs, though? Alcoholics and junkies are depressed and feel their lives suck when they’re not on their high.[/quote]

Yeah, pretty much…just wanted to state that I don’t approve of X just because it’s one of the “safer” drugs.

The thing about drugs and alcohol is that they feel so good but generally have negative long term consequences when enjoyed too often. If people could deal with that basic contradiction with mountains of character then drugs wouldn’t do any damage at all and would probably serve a valuable purpose in people’s lives. Unfortunately most people do not have that sort of insight or character, and society doesn’t encourage it, so limits must be enforced. Sometimes the limits that end up being imposed make no discernable sense. Alcohol and cigaretts are legal but pot isn’t? Puhleeze. Heroin and cocaine are illegal. Of course, but try enforcing it.

But that denies that there are drugs that will fuck you up, and I don’t mean as in “Oh my God, I am so fucked up right now.”

Used with intelligence and caution I don’t know of any commonly used drugs that will fuck you up permanently.