Enough with all the firecrackers and fireworks already!

In Taiwan, nothing is a problem until it is. There is no thinking ahead. “No one got hurt this time, so its fine”, is the attitude.

1 Like

Bored kids from unhappy homes = trouble. Domestic violemce reaches epidemic proportions on New Year. It is part alcohol, part just having to be together at close quarters for extended periods. Hence, hordes if kids and youngsters looking for trouble.

Someone is using a drill at this Friggin time…Just for a change of pace.

Sounds like China is trying to invade over here right now. Oh well, its expected. Just hope it settles down before 11pm.

SuiGeneris: 'In Taiwan, nothing is a problem until it is. ’

Beautiful and so accurate words about Taiwan
To my wife, I noticed (and told her):
‘You know everything until you don’t know, and then you cry’

Quite similar!

1 Like

Tomorrow is start work day for many. Prepare for a reenactment of the Normandy landings

I worked in a building with several large companies. The key tenant/landlord would spends money on fireworks, building a new temple in parking lot, big events for every holiday (with all the traditional activities), etc. Ask them to fix the huge potholes in the parking lot…“sorry, need to save money”

At my wife’s old neighborhood there are a lot of unemployed guys…seems no money except for cigs, beer and fireworks…especially at Chinese New Year.

2 Likes

The last bit is very true.
I also know a few borderline alcos unemployed
divorced gamblers etc and I think the only time they really enjoy themselves is Chinese New Year ! They just go to different houses gambling and drinking for days on end!
Rinse and repeat every year. Fortunately they don’t try to drag me into the majong games anymore.

oops wrong topic