Expat Forums in Other Countries (and now Taiwan Cities)

Beijing: thebeijinger.com/

General UAE expat forums:

expatjam.com
expatgossip.com
expatwoman.com

Singapore:

www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/index.php looks like the busiest one;

www.sgexpatforum.com
www.singapore-forum.com/forum/

Cambodia:

khmer440.com/chat_forum/

If I had to choose one HK Expat site, would it be HK AsiaXpat or HK Expats, the site for HK Expats by HK Expats? I’ve got too many sites I’m a member of so just want to get the biggest bang for my buck.

TIA.

Both have seemed approximately the same to me…during my time in Donald’s Magic Kingdom. The wiki and classifieds are only marginally useful.

Most posters here would have their head explode at the banal & stupid posting.

About the best resource for Korea (R.O.K.) is not a forum (there don’t appear to be any live fora on Korea, but there are many dead ones or ones on life support), but is
koreanbloglist.com/index.php

Is there a forum like this one for China, or even more specifically, Shanghai?

http://www.shanghaiexpat.com/

So in other words “no” there is nothing quite like F.Com in Shanghai. Tough Pooh!

No, and I don’t think there ever can be. Forumosa thrives on open discussion of politics, history, crime, social issues, sexuality and a dozen other topics that neither the PRC authorities nor a very vocal section of Chinese netizens could allow.

waygook.org
is the one for Korea
full of lesson plans ppts etc as well as the usual forum stuff
I have just joined forumosa and it seems to be lacking a lesson plan section (or maybe I missed it)
its a GREAT idea :sunglasses:
this site is great too, I am looking forward to teaching in Taiwan in the future after I finish my time here in Korea :notworthy:

Here’s one for Guangzhou (Canton):

gzstuff.com/

Anyone know of any other, bigger forums for China in general? That one is OK but it’s not Forumosa.

Does anyone know of Chinese language or English language Taiwanese ex-pat forums in the UK? I’m looking for forumosa-type survival know-how for my Taiwanese gf who is living with me in the UK. :cry:

[quote=“Quentin”]Here’s one for Guangzhou (Canton):

gzstuff.com/

Anyone know of any other, bigger forums for China in general? That one is OK but it’s not Forumosa.[/quote]

I came across chengdu living a while back, it’s not bad for a China based forum.

I’m also looking for something like this but for the US instead.