Expat tattoos face with 臺灣 and independence flag

I don’t think I’m complaining. I’m just saying what you said. Whys everyone getting upset about what we all know is true in many circumstances here in taiwan.

It’s certainly not fair she walks into a restaurant and gets paid more than the manager hourly if they broke it down (He gets more but he’s on salary full time) with zero work experience and can’t speak Chinese when everyone is required to be at least proficient in both English and Chinese. And got ridiculously paid 1500 by families to tutor English when she’s not even from a English speaking country with no degree in anything. It’s just me pointing out how stupid locals can be sometimes. Idk if they even bother to ask if she’s even from a English speaking country.

I can’t blame her or anyone for taking advantage of it. It is the way the world works sometimes.

Oh yeah, she’s also getting paid and received free membership to a big gym in taiwan to shoot instructional videos and posting her working out on her Instagram. She never even worked out before meeting me! Every video and post, I’m the one that is behind the scenes telling her shit lol. I caught her using a machine backwards the other day. It’s just laughable they use her when she has no idea wtf she’s doing.

1 Like

If any random white person could just waltz into a restaurant or a buxiban and get a job that pays 1500/h with no qualifications, the expat population would be much higher. :2cents:

2 Likes

Private tutoring. I told her to make her price really high to make people think she’s really good and won’t question her about where she’s from and qualifications. It actually worked.

Do not post personal information about any other person even if that information is publicly available. This includes, but is not limited, to divulging personal information such as the real-life identity of other Forumosans, telephone numbers, or sexual orientation. In addition, Forumosa does not condone or encourage efforts by individuals to “dig up” information about other visitors. You may post the public contact information for public figures, but you may not post anyone’s private information without their consent.

It’s up to Tempogain and Ranlee.

He’s apparently not a Forumosan. A person who voluntarily becomes a celebrity has a reduced expectation of privacy. And sometimes a disclosure is in the public interest. :2cents:

I doubt he was actually able to naturalise and become a ROC citizen - regardless of what he claims.

Apparently he’s not claiming to be an ROC national. Perhaps he bought an ID card from TCG… or made one himself?

Edit:

The man relocated to Taiwan 12 years ago and was naturalized six years ago after marrying a Taiwanese woman. He runs a pub in the city’s Yangcheng District (鹽埕), and has a history of drunk driving and arson.

I suppose he may have re-naturalized as a Briton in the meantime. :idunno:

International not-so mystery man.

1 Like

I read Azn Han Solo’s blog (including the two “White Privilege” blogposts) with great interest for what it reveals of the local prison system. To begin with, he claims (credibly, I think) that his confession was coerced. Not that Solo is a Boy Scout–he should really reflect on his life choices–but his account of Paul has more than the ring of truth to it.

On “white privilege” I am normally suspicious of the concept, but in this case it seems to have been real. From Solo’s account, Paul was treated better in prison. Mainly this was because the UK trade office had been making inquiries about him (and Zain Dean, who is British of Indian origin, can expect similar consideration if he ultimately does get extradited here), but Solo is Taiwanese-American and apparently got local treatment. Of course this is just one incident, and there are many more examples of disparate treatment out there.

What a strange question ? I’ve had to bring out whole groups of colleagues here from other Asian countries .
Some privilege ! You need to lay off the butthurt stuff.

2 Likes

You girlfriend is.young , hot , female and white.
She will enjoy 'privilege ’ even if she wasn’t white anyway.
But at the same time she will not be offered certain kinds of jobs or opportunities so privilege is a funny thing.

Look millions of people on this island were born privileged into rich families.with life basically handed to them.

Millions weren’t.

Just because they don’t walk around with I was born rich tattooed on their forehead doesn’t mean they weren’t born with oodles of privilege…

I don’t get the butthurt for buxiban teachers or people earning a living .

4 Likes

i knew a guy in guangdong white auzzie guy who taught chinese in an international school. he is a chinese teacher qualified in australia. half his students were chinese. his own chinese wasnt even that good but he had gonads as big as mountains and the audacious attitude that most chinese people dont speak proper chinese. and they bought it. or maybe they just liked the novelty, or something… didnt make much sense to me. strange things hapoen in guangdong

1 Like

Increasing Taiwan’s international visibility?!:grinning:

Don’t give Paul any ideas😏

1 Like

He was already shown on TV heading out with a mask and a hat. Poor sod.

As per TV news, they interviewed his girlfriend, she insisted they are not married, and she sounded reasonably pissed.

1 Like

He seems to have been married before. The guy is a fantasist, I don’t think he has local ID and he talks about having children and a wife but doesn’t have. Just nuts.

Poor woman. Well, next time my wife gets pissed at me, I can use this guy as a shining example of how I’m not so bad; “hey, at least I didn’t go on a bender, get your country’s name tattooed on my forehead, get a DUI coming back from said tattoo parlor, get thrown in the pokey in which I terrified my fellow jail-mates by completely trashing it, became a laughing-stock in the media, and thrust you into the international spotlight by association. See? Could’ve been worse. Now, I’m heading down to the 7/11. Can I firebomb—, I mean, get you something?”

8 Likes

“We always wonder how high we can climb, but we often forget how low we can fall” - Gandhi, from Mein Kampf

1 Like

The uses of this are endless. The next time you feel vehement about a certain position, instead of saying to your fellow expat, “willing to put some money where your mouth is?”, you can ask, “willing to tattoo your stance on your forehead and chin?”

1 Like

Who is going to be the ultimate laowai Taiwan lover and tattoo ‘我愛台灣’ on their forehead.

1 Like

I bet it will be someone so drunk to ask for 爱 instead 愛.
Absolutely haram.

There’s no butt hurt or anything here, just an observation. As a foreigner I have never experienced the expectation I am able to speak Chinese, someone who looks Taiwanese is. Hence the question.