Expat tattoos face with 臺灣 and independence flag

I’m classified as a “good one” on the basis I’m now a family man with a baby. At least compared to my single foreigner co-workers who faculty suspect could be secret wolves. :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Only if we are arguing about the Invisible Hand of the Market!

Nothing new in Taiwan, most German, Italian or whatever not Taiwanese/Chinese restaurant are owned by locals.

Good! Healthy! If consumed moderately

Why not? @icon says it very well about my wish to see people hired on their abilities. I just used an extreme example to make my point. I’d like to see foreigners work in jobs that are traditionally held by locals. Not stealing jobs but bring an international perspective with them. Another thing I’d like to see is Asian looking people teaching English at high salary rates when English is their first language and they are great teachers. I hear the stories directly from cram school owners about how parents won’t accept an Asian looking teacher as a “real” native speaker so they pass over perfectly good candidates. Sure, the owners should be braver but they also have bills to pay.

british privilege is white privilege is it? wut.

and also azzn han solo might not mention it on his blog, but he gets ABC privilege aswell. it might not be as high as white privilege but hey i don’t have privilege as high as blonde, tall, Scandinavian and slim privilege either.

3 Likes

Well I have a friend working for an investment bank here who happens to be black so there you go. Make of it what you will.

Walking down Wuxing last night I saw a black guy washing the pots and pans at a little hole in the wall soup joint, so we appear to have end-to-end coverage.

1 Like

I’m must happy to see black people at all, make of that what you will.

Wuxing area is fairly well represented with the many Nigerian folks who have come to study at TMUH over the years.

:runaway:

1 Like

My question to alcohol experts with tattoos is: “How drunk do you need to be to come up with that idea and follow through, and at the same time how sober do you need to be able to walk into a tattoo parlor, explaine what you want, convince the artist that you are in a condition to make that decision, and make the payment?”

Also, doesn’t the pain by the needle get you out of your drunken state a bit, making you realize that you are about to make a big mistake?

While it may be tempting to go all Jim Lahey (RIP) and blame the liquor, the fact that Reggie Asshat was proudly displaying the catastrophic results to all and sundry the next day would seem to indicate that the booze is not the root of this fuckin goofball’s problems.
Any normal person would have beaten cheeks to the nearest plastic surgeon pronto and then told everyone the injury was from a scooter accident or something.
This fruit bat is actually taking pride in his rampant stupidity.

1 Like

Having said what I did, I just heard from my best buddy, who had a local acquaintance stinkface him today and piss all in his ear, projecting Luigi Nutsack’s bad behaviour onto him for no reason at all. So yeah, I concede that it does happen.
FWIW, he’s a well behaved hardworking family man and well known in his neighborhood.

There is no amount of whiskey in the world that’d make me do what this douche did. I’d literally drop dead of alcohol poisoning before I reached a point where I was wandering into tat parlors paying money to get my face disfigured. But it seems this fella has a storied history of making piss-poor decisions.

Yeah, it seems like alcohol is just a convenient excuse. I think booze is just a symptom of this guy’s problems, not the cause.

1 Like

It might more like this

You’re on the right track. Alcohol and drugs to these guys are the solution to dealing with their problems. That’s why they need treatment to deal with life without them.

I for one am loving this story. This guy has had me and the wife chuckling to ourselves for the last few days.
This thread even got into the “white privilege” thing hahahaha
This guy is ooooozing with white privilege

3 Likes