Expat tattoos face with 臺灣 and independence flag

A true hero of our times.

3 Likes

The times doth make the man.

3 Likes

Then can we classify any stupid action as “courage”? Saving a kid from a burning house is courageous. This, on the other hand, is stupid. And selfish too, actually. Did he ask his wife beforehand if she’d be okay with it? Was firebombing the convenience store also courageous? Because hopefully more than 90% of the people here wouldn’t do that either. I see nothing wrong or cowardly about bagging on such an embarrassment to the ex-pat population. This didn’t take extra big balls. It took extra small brains.

5 Likes

You seem to respect balls more than brains. Did I read you something on the Catalonia politicians breaking laws and crying later? Don’t remember now :slight_smile:

Balls, no brains!
Balls, no brains!
Balls, no brains!
Balls, no brains!
Balls, no brains!
Balls, no brains!
Balls, no brains!
Balls, no brains!

The guy looks out of it in the photo. Unfortunately the tattoo artist is completely unethical in this case.

Read that too, layers within layers

On the bright side, it could have been worse…much worse.

1 Like

Not defending him or his actions, just pointing out that people find it easy to attack someone like him.

There’s often just a thin line separating courage from stupidity.

While it’s certainly difficult to argue against his stupidity, I appreciate people who are willing to express their views and stand out from the crowds of followers.

1 Like

Latest news. Seems he got drunk again (depressed from tattoo) and is now in custody.

Unfortunately looks like a bad case of alcoholism.

1 Like

Anyway his now well know on his action.

Has he hurt anyone? No, at least not in this tattoo scenario.

Does his wife love him less, or hate him more? No, and no- I guess.

Would he lose his job? No, because he owns his own pub. This case proves that working in a secured job is not so secured. You got to be your own boss.

Are the ‘Taiwan’ character and flag tattoos really so aesthetically appalling? Maybe at first sight. But trendy Europeans are letting bionic chips inserted beneth their skin and bar codes printed on their forehead. Which scenario is more horrific?

Face tattoo is a tradition of Taiwan aborigines. Maybe this guy is of genetically Austronesian to some degree. (No allusion to his post-drinking behavior is hinted here.)

For me he has the freedom where to put those tattoos - no further comment.

TBH, I have always thought that I will need to tatoo my ROC ID -on my arm, of course- instead of wiping it out of my purse ever time someone doubts I am an ROC citizen…when I get citizenship.

Alcohol, among many other effects, impacts directly the part of the brain that is usually concerned with the outcome of actions. It doesn’t make you braver, it just makes you ignore the consequences of anything you do/consider doing while under the influence. The guy didn’t express his views and there was nothing brave about his action. The amount of booze ingested made all the choices for him, or more correctly, he give him the thumbs up on any stupid idea that no one would follow in a clear state of mind.

There is literally nothing brave about doing stupid shit while drunk, and this is not a moralizing sentence, it’s a clinical fact. You cannot be brave by doing something while ignoring its consequences; you’re only brave if you do it while 100% aware of them.

7 Likes

Only one China according to the UK

Good points. How drunk was he? What if he wasn’t drunk at all and was 100% aware of the consequences?

I asked myself, “What would I tattoo on my forehead if I had to get one? What issue do I feel strong or passionate enough to face the sure backlash that a tattoo on my forehead would bring about?”

I couldn’t find any, cause I don’t feel strongly passionate about anything other than my one life and that of people close to me. Guess, I am one of those 90% of followers who would not be courageous enough to do something like this, drunk or sober.

Did you see the pics?

Of him in the tattoo parlor? No.

But, hypothetically, what if he hadn’t been drunk?