Expat tattoos face with 臺灣 and independence flag

Just read an interesting blog from last year. It was written by this guy’s cellmate from the firebomb incident. The cellmate was apparently the only English speaker in the prison, so he was charged as this guy’s translator. He paints quite a colorful picture of tattoo face guy.
Where da link???

Here’s the link I found.

https://medium.com/@AznHanSolo/white-privilege-in-a-taiwanese-prison-pt-1-8e7e0c632c17

1 Like

Yea he needs help. It’s all fun and games until someone gets their eye poked out. (Or gets their forehead tattooed.)

Apparently his bar is here if anyone wants to help The Kayak Club
No. 4, Lane 24, Xinghua Street, Yancheng District, Kaohsiung City, 803
0938 980 093

https://goo.gl/maps/gyyRF6sKhLq

Something definitely smells funny here. He claims to be naturalized with ID card and passport.

Really a sad story of a wasted life. Maybe best if he gets deported. He can get better help for his mental issues in England than here.

1 Like

Here’s a question for everyone saying “but he was drunk” or “the tattoo artist shouldn’t have taken advantage of someone so drunk”… what’s the stupidest thing you’ve done while you’re drunk? Mine is dialing an ex (when I was single), pissing on the side of a building, or at worst passing out on someone’s bathroom floor. There is no fucking way I’d step into a tattoo parlor and get crap tatted all over my face no matter how wasted I was. There’s drunk and then there’s reckless self-destructiveness on a scale that’s not relatable. This guy did (try to) firebomb a 7/11, so the alcohol may worsen his mental instability, but it’s not the cause of it. I’d say I hope he gets help, but to be honest I don’t care. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Yes alcoholics should be held accountable for their actions. That is without doubt. But for most people, a drunken night is just that. For people who have alcoholism, this isn’t an isolated incident. It’s been months, years in the building of self destruction. I’ve seen a lot worse from people I knew since I was young. Some of the kindest people just change and lose control once they started with the drink or drugs. It’s really sad. It’s easy to say what you said, and I understand why. But for me, I know people that really need help. It’s different once it’s someone you know and care about.

And it’s really common for alcoholics and addicts to suffer from mental illnesses. Dual diagnosis is common and extremely hard to treat without an expert.

Mental illness ticking time bomb …Well it already blew up once.

Some are born great, some achieve it, and some have greatness inked upon them.

3 Likes

Didn’t see it posted yet. Apparently he just recently caught a DUI and tried destroying everything inside the jail cell. Does this guy really have citizenship?

https://taiwanobserver.tw/2017/10/23/tattoo-hero-busted-for-dui-released-immediately-without-bail-無保請回-2/

Someone should start a go find me page for him to fly into china. I would love to see the face of the customs officer when they compare his passport photo with his face.

1 Like

They’ll see he’s not just another pretty face.

Now, you say that like it’s a bad thing…

is that legit? i mean it says he got divorced, but his wife is still with him now apparently. the guy also goes on a long rant about only losers moving to asia, then says how he met his wife in australia. also says he has a night market stall and quit teaching english but other sources say he has a bar and still teaches english. whoever wrote it sounds just as bad as paul, kinda wished i stopped reading after seeing the white privilege bollocks but i kept reading unfortunately.

1 Like

Yeah, I took it with a grain of salt. It’s an outlet for aspiring writers, not a news source. But given the current situation with the tattoo guy, I’m guessing it’s at least partly true.

This dick has the audacity to stereotype all ex-pats who come to Asia as creeps, dorks and losers and yet this is how he starts his second paragraph:

“My 3rd cellmate…”

Yeeeeaaaah. People who live in glass hous—sorry, glass prisons… shouldn’t throw stones at, well, anyone.

3 Likes

The difference between the two as far as everyone else is concerned is probably a hairs width. The ABC is no closer to being Taiwanese than the foreigner,

1 Like

Some may believe that, but certainly not a majority of the people here, let alone “everyone else.” Those who do think like that are usually just louder and more passionate about their feelings (resentment? hate?) than those that don’t, or are just plain indifferent.

hmmm, who do you think Taiwanese are warmer to, a foreigner who speaks Chinese, or an ABC who speaks none.

One thing the author got right is there is white privilege, ever been in a situation where you needed to translate for an Asian here?

1 Like

I don’t know `bout the rest of you, but foreigners scare even me now

4 Likes