Expat tattoos face with 臺灣 and independence flag

A lot of weird shit seems to happen in Kaohsiung. We’re like the Florida of Taiwan. Must be the heat. (I’m still laughing about that whole Graham Dart/ Jesse Owens “duel to the death” challenge for getting tossed out of a bar. People here will know what I mean)

Are you serious?!? Of course I have.

3 Likes

Are there any regular foreigners in Kaohsiung? Whatever that means.

Also, as for the ‘white privilege’ horseshit. . .

How many ‘white’ immigrants to Taiwan sit in the legislature?

How many ‘yellow’ immigrants to New Zealand (including self-evident CCP spies) sit in the New Zealand parliament? They basically get fast tracked there so New Zealanders can reassure themselves they’re sufficiently ‘diverse’.

4 Likes

Not saying white foreigners don’t suffer a certain level of discrimination. But ABCs often suffer a different type of discrimination amongst locals. For example, gf didn’t even graduate from HS. They paid her 1500 a hour to tutor. She isn’t even from a English speaking country for god sake. She makes more than any of her co workers from Taiwan in the restaurant now, even those that speak English and Chinese fluently. She is just learning Chinese and makes more for the sole reason of being white.

But you’re far better off in taiwan as an white foreigner than almost any Asian foreigner, especially south Asian.

It isn’t a competition of who has it worst. But you can’t deny there are certain benefits of being a white foreigner here in Taiwan vs other groups in at least certain situations.

1 Like

I was responding to a question related to white privilege, lots of people experienced what I am talking about.

I have been in this situation many times and the dagger look aimed at the asian hurts.

The idea an ABC is considered any more a Taiwanese because they learnt some Chinese, is a joke.

Also, how many people are taking Chinese lessons from white Chinese teachers?

I’d imagine it must be a lot.

Sort of like most people prefer to eat in white-owned Chinese restaurants. . .

Yeah, I’m also responding to the (ridiculously racist) notion of ‘white privilege’.

2 Likes

Yes, me.

What are you responding to, genuinely I’m moderately interested.

Prove it!!

You’re completely missing the point.

There are many white Chinese teachers in my experience in the US. And even more “Chinese” restaurants in the US that isn’t even Chinese/Taiwanese owned.

But if you’re saying why there are no white Chinese teachers here/…I guess because it would be extremely rare for someone to come here to teach locals their local language having mastered it to the point of being able to teach locals.

It is pretty racist. Not to white people, but to non whites. Call it what you want. But I’ve been in the conversation of many back rooms where race came into affect. I’ve been straight off told this school doesn’t hire Asian English teachers and had boses and know owners of places that hire unqualified or less qualified white foreigners vs locals or even AbCs in many types of jobs here and even paying them more.

Are white foreigners able to achieve more and reach to the top of their fields in many white collar jobs? Probably not. This is real. But in terms of white priveledge, there are many situations here that it benefits you greatly to be a white foreigner. No way can you deny this.

1 Like

I’m not missing the point at all.

I’ve also been in the conversation in many back rooms when race has been mentioned. Numerous businesses do not hire white people - including in white majority countries (often businesses run by racist immigrants, welcomed into those very countries).

In group bias certainly exists.

Majority ‘privilege’ certainly exists. (added quotes to ‘privilege’ because it’s such spineless terminology)

White ‘privilege’ exists, in a world without yellow ‘privilege’, black ‘privilege’, brown ‘privilege’? Nope. Bollocks.

3 Likes

You are. We are talking about taiwan… and I agreed with you that white foreigners do suffer a level of discrimination. I don’t get your outrage. Do you really believe that being a white foreigners does not benefit a person here greatly compared to other groups. Not all situations but certainly in many.

It’s not a knock on anyone. It’s often Taiwanese people locals that are the offenders of this. Can you think of a country where a person that didn’t even finish high school and has zero work experience makes more than college graduates with years of experience in that specific field?

1 Like

I’m outraged because I’m tired of the race-obsessive horse-shittery that’s killing civilization.

White foreigners in Taiwan enjoy certain benefits, and. . . face certain disadvantages. . .

All fairly self-evident, unless you’ve been brainwashed by the ‘white privilege’/diversity/cultural-marxist/identity-politics cluster-fuck of indoctrination that passes for an ‘education’ these days.

2 Likes

So you’re outrage because you agree? No ones trying to make anyone feel bad. it’s just a something that’s very real here.

Should I post a pic of my awful tan-line?

I’d love to call your bluff, but it looks like you just called mine. Touché!

1 Like

your gf is also young and probably considered very attractive to most locals here, especially young guys.

not all foreigners would get this ‘privilege’ even native speakers. not all female foreigners either.

that’s the problem with this whole privilege shite. there are many privileges. skin colour, eye colour, hair colour, height, age, gender, boob size. i could go on. life ain’t fair. deal with it.

2 Likes