Extreme vetting for Taiwanese visiting the US

Taiwanese travelers to the U.S. could face “extreme vetting”; Measures likely to apply to visitors from 38 visa waiver countries.

So, Taiwan, one of the world’s most America-friendly countries, and completely off the radar for any kind of terrorism, is now being targeted by the Trump administration. In complete and utter violation of the Constitution, I may add.

Ideology? Passwords? If you consider yourself a libertarian, you should be appalled.

And don’t think there won’t be blowback affecting the freedom of movement of Americans.

When did “the home of the brave” become a land of cowards?

Ostentatious outrage as diversion again?

You seem to take a strange comfort in things being off the radar. That’s a sign of foolish complacency.

Oh, and what makes it unconstitutional again? What was the argument those judges made again?

You seem to see no problem in these outrageous violations of people’s rights. Please see Amendments number one and four. Nobody has the right to know your passwords. They are private. And in America people are free to espouse any ideology. It’s a concept called “freedom”; you know, that thing that America is supposed to be all about.

I wonder if a bit of reciprocity would be called for here.

Makes sense. Anyone who objects to drone lynching and taking out women and children with smart bombs shouldn’t be walking the streets of the U.S.S.A. The next step towards Making America Great Again will be to start shipping citizens who fail the ideological test off to Gulagtanamo where they belong.

When crossing a border, you don’t have much rights, not the rights of the country you left nor the rights of the country you want to enter.

The only right you have is to chose where to travel and where not to go.
I decided to ban the US from my list of possible holiday destinations.

I don’t care if they mandatory shovel each and every visitor a finger up their anus. Go for it America. I don’t care.

For you guys who still want to cross the border to the US here are my favorite answers.

What’s the purpose of your stay? I need a new haircut.
What’s the women’s role in modern society? If the officer is a female, your role looks fine to me. If she keeps asking, let’s go to a private room to discuss it any further.
If the officer is a male, all locker room talk.
What are legitimate military targets? Custom officers are a legitimate target.
Open a throwaway email account “Istickmynoseintoshit@yahoo.com
password: youmotherfucker

yeap probably will not visit US as the security lines are too troublesome and kind of stupid. The cops there are trigger happy and the TSA act with impunity.

The ACLU is fighting this. I urge everyone who values freedom to donate. I have an automatic monthly donation scheme set up for the ACLU.

Until then, keep your data in the cloud.

I should change my password to “noneofyourfuckingbusinessyounaziscumbag”.

yeah in reality you queue like sheep for half an hour, punch your details in an automated system that gives you a ticket and some guy checks ticket and nods you though in about 2 seconds.

Extreme queueing? :weary:

1 Like

Before America took sides in the thousand year religious war in the Middle East Americans could walk right up to their departure gate, give their ticket to the gate agent, wave goodbye to their family and board their flight. Things are only going to get worse because those billion and a half Muslims are only getting more extreme with each passing year, as are we.

Donations are going to be a bump in the road at most to America’s budding police state. Just count yourself lucky that you don’t have to live there. If Washington, Jefferson and Franklin were to come back and see the mess things are in they’d probably be declaring the experiment a failure and packing their bags too.

It would be much more interesting if they had extreme petting.

2 Likes

Extreme stupidity.

According to the article, “[t]he list of countries whose citizens could face ‘extreme vetting’ also included Japan, Germany, France and Great Britain.”

And from the article I linked to: “One out of every 18 Americans is employed, either directly or indirectly, in a travel or tourism-related industry. In 2015, U.S. travel and tourism output represented 2.6 percent of gross domestic product.”

https://www.selectusa.gov/travel-tourism-and-hospitality-industry-united-states

You’re in luck!

[quote]Female interrogators tried to break Muslim detainees at the U.S. prison camp in Guantanamo Bay by sexual touching, wearing a miniskirt and thong underwear and in one case smearing a Saudi man’s face with fake menstrual blood, according to an insider’s written account.

A draft manuscript obtained by The Associated Press is classified as secret pending a Pentagon review for a planned book that details ways the U.S. military used women as part of tougher physical and psychological interrogation tactics to get terror suspects to talk.

It’s the most revealing account so far of interrogations at the secretive detention camp, where officials say they have halted some controversial techniques.

“I have really struggled with this because the detainees, their families and much of the world will think this is a religious war based on some of the techniques used, even though it is not the case,” the author, former Army Sgt. Erik R. Saar, 29, told AP.[/quote]

Time to spread the other cheek.

Oh, you trust the cloud. That’s special.

Question: this extreme vetting is for folks who apply for that evisa thinghy, marketed as visa waiver, or what I call, visa light.

Now, those of us who have to get a visa and are normally eyed as highly possible illegal immigrants, are they going to add this layer of “service” or are we good?

What the heck will checking social media do? Does anyone who is friends with ISIS and has their YouTube channel in their favorite list will actually keep that as a means of communication once in the US for their glorious mision of martyrdom?

Or will they ban anyone who has joked about the Great Satan, the sewer waters of yanki imperialism, etc?

BTW, they had banned electronic artefacts like laptops, tablets and others from certain flights, right?

From CNA: http://focustaiwan.tw/news/aipl/201704050015.aspx

Citing officials in the U.S. government, the paper reported that foreign nationals planning to visit the U.S. could be forced to “reveal mobile phone contacts, social media passwords and financial data” and answer questions about their ideology.

Reminds me so much of the State portrayed in Escape from LA…

I trust it infinitely more than I do the thugs of the fascist Trump regime.

Good lordy. Checking everyones facebook for hints of extremism? Gee they will need six hours plus per person.
YOU will need a week or two to get through immigration and customs.

Time to reopen Ellis Island.