Extremely red and dry skin

I’m probably going to the dermatologist soon but I thought I ask to see if anyone has a better solution. I usually get it in the winter time, my face becomes dry and a little irritated and red. But this time it’s become really bad. I know it’s my skins protective moisture barrier that’s damaged. And I’ve been putting many different kinds of moisturizer and it hasn’t helped. Any solutions. And I avoid alcohol and parabins and other irritants. Nothing seems to be working.

There is a medicine called Desora. It’s a little blue tablet of 10 in pack priced at 100-150 twd in some drug stores. It basically anti-histamine. Worked wonders for me.

Oatmeal Aveeno. Available at Costco, 2-pk for NT$489, and iHerb for $358 per. I get fucked up skin every winter, this stuff has done the trick for me for years.

Where you can order it at iHerb

I have no idea if it matters. But it’s only my face. I guess moisturizer is moisturizer but idk if I can find a specific one for my face.

Then you probably don’t need the Aveeno, it’s not for facial skin. Maybe the Desora then, or maybe a trip to a dermatologist is in order.

You can make your own facial treatment easily. Mix one cup of yogurt with a smashed cucumber and half a cup of oats (the softer, the better). Depending on how serious it is, you can also add cinnamon or pineapple, both of which have antibacterial properties.

Spread the mixture on your face and let it sit for 30 minutes. Rinse with fresh spring water and your skin will be like a baby’s. Works like a charm!

Hungry now.

My skin is very sensitive too

Warning: I am not a doctor

First suggestion will be to stop showering, or at least stop having hot water, shampoo, soap, or any other stuff touch and irritate your skin… shave in the evening to let your skin rest and recover during the night

Change your bathroom stuff… soap, shampoo, shaving cream… choose organic

Next, change your pillows or wash them every week

Study, study, study, read, read, read, ask, ask, ask questions!
What you are doing here and now is right

Vitamin D… reasonable sun exposure… and diet…
http://health.facty.com/food/nutrition/11-foods-high-in-vitamin-d/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=c-search&utm_term=vitamin%20d&utm_campaign=f-h-11-foods-high-in-vitamin-d&msclkid=98fc8884512919342188d2e995d82479

I use only coconut oil for my face, even for shaving… for the last 4 years
My face is still red most of the time, but not hurt anymore

More importantly, the skin is like a thermometer of your inner body health…
How about a health check-up in a hospital?
High blood pressure?

I often get similar problems, especially in areas under my nose and around my mouth. The only thing that works is a topical corticosteroid cream.

Aveeno makes a face specific moisturizer that takes care of it for me as long as I apply it once a day.

https://tw.iherb.com/pr/Aveeno-Active-Naturals-Positively-Radiant-Daily-Moisturizer-with-Sunscreen-SPF-15-4-0-fl-oz-120-ml/47905

I had the same problem and saw many Doctors, and had numerous blood tests. I have seborrheic dermatitis, and there is no cure and they don’t know what causes it. I stopped using any (and I mean any) kind of soap or moisturiser on my face, except paw-paw cream and my face cleared up dramatically. Also watch your shampoo, and wash it off your face straight away when you are showering I also bought a good electric razor, and that helped , and cut right back on my chilli intake. When I get a flare up now I take Prednisone, and that works really well and clears it up in days. My rash got that bad I wouldn’t leave the house as I was that self-conscious. All this advice was from trial and error.

Definitely go to a Doctor and get them to rule out Rosacea, or Lupus etc., which they will do with blood tests. It is a pain, but better than putting up with the debilitating rash, which for me affected my mental as well as physical health.

I hope this helps, as I know how you would be feeling.

Regards

One more tip from my skin doctor / dermatologist

Cool or cold showers only… because hot water dehydrates and irritates the skin

I also suffer from seborrheic dermatitis. I found E45 cream effective.

thrush?

I found this effective (non-steroid, plant-based).

I am not a doctor or medical professional, but in my experience the cause of skin issues can be difficult to identify, as there are many variables.

It could be an infection that may need antibiotics. I once had a period of irritated skin and blemishes on my face. I tried all kinds of natural stuff and when that did not work I went to doctors, who diagnosed me correctly (dermatitis), but the prescribed topical treatments did not work. Finally another dermatologist prescribed the appropriate medicine; one round of oral antibiotics took care of the problem for good. I also got good advice on skin care - it turns out I was moisturizing too much/or using a moisturizer that was too heavy/oily/fatty for my skin, which contributed to the problem in the first place.

Yes, moisturizer can clog your pours if using the wrong ones or too much. I once had the same issue with dry skin, and it was actually because my pores were clogged and keep moisturizing the skin made it worst because natural oils couldn’t get to my skin.

I get the same thing.

My solution is to go to a hot country :slight_smile:

If I’m stuck here (or in the UK) coconut oil helps; you only need a little. As keroliver said, not using soap is also a good idea - I never put soap on my face, it definitely makes it worse. Moisturizers also seem not to help much.

I have similar problems with the skin on my shoulders and lower legs. I use these two milder soaps which seem to help quite a bit. They’re both available at Carrefour.

soap123
soap22