Falun Dafa is good

[quote]What are Falun Gong’s political views?

The practice itself does not have any express political views. Political opinions among adherents are as diverse and varied as you might find in any given population. Some persons are members of liberal parties, some conservative, some reform, etc.

[code]Chinese authorities are fond of claiming that Falun Gong has “turned political,” and the phrase has, remarkably, found its way into a few accounts of the practice. The undertone is that Falun Gong has “sold out” as it were, or compromised its beliefs, entering the political arena.

The claim is problematic in several regards. (We’ll set aside the irony of a political dictatorship suggesting that it’s unseemly for a group to be “political.”)

The first and most basic fact to note is that Falun Gong as a group has no political aspiration—not now, nor ever before. Nor does it oppose or support any particular political entity, China’s dictatorship included. Neither does not advocate for any particular political system.

What it has sought to do, rather, is to document and disclose the crimes against humanity to which it is subjected in China. Doing so is not a political act.

It just so happens that the perpetrator of those said abuses is China’s communist party—a very much political entity. Thus, as circumstances would have it, when Falun Gong adherents document acts of torture or murder and name their culprit, they are naming a political entity.

That does not change the nature of the action, nor its motive. It remains every bit as humanitarian in impulse as would a mother crying out for help were someone to kidnap her dear child. Were the kidnapper a local politician, it would not mean she had “turned political” with her cry for help, much less harbored political aspirations. Nor would it imply that her motherly nature had morphed into something less noble. Indeed, her cry would have been motivated by none other than maternal love.

In the same vein, the activist flyers issuing forth from the ranks of Falun Gong are motivated not by a wish for personal gain, much less worldly power. Rather, they bespeak of a concern for the welfare of fellow human beings who they know to be suffering and at risk. It is an act of compassion, and fully consistent with, if not informed by, the teachings of Falun Gong.

The same holds true even in perhaps the most seemingly political of gestures. For instance, when Falun Gong adherents hand out copies of the Nine Commentaries—an expose of China’s communist party—that act is similarly spawned. It is rooted in a concern for the well-being of others, namely fellow Chinese.

Ditto for lawsuits against key Chinese officials identified with the persecution. They seek not to “bring down” some hefty politician, but to curb acts of inhumanity carried out at his order. If he desists in his ways, the suit will have the added effect of having ultimately been for that official’s own good as well.

If the ramifications of such acts are political—such as diminished appeal for the Party—that is but one of multiple effects, and not that effort’s purpose.

Here is the information, It is your freedom to think what you will.[/quote]

Yes I know that link. I posted it earlier. And it says they’re not political. But you have said, and I have witnessed them being political.

So are they lying on the website as in the link above where it says they’re not political when clearly they are?

[quote]What are Falun Gong’s political views?

The practice itself does not have any express political views. Political opinions among adherents are as diverse and varied as you might find in any given population. Some persons are members of liberal parties, some conservative, some reform, etc.

[code]Chinese authorities are fond of claiming that Falun Gong has “turned political,” and the phrase has, remarkably, found its way into a few accounts of the practice. The undertone is that Falun Gong has “sold out” as it were, or compromised its beliefs, entering the political arena.

The claim is problematic in several regards. (We’ll set aside the irony of a political dictatorship suggesting that it’s unseemly for a group to be “political.”)

The first and most basic fact to note is that Falun Gong as a group has no political aspiration—not now, nor ever before. Nor does it oppose or support any particular political entity, China’s dictatorship included. Neither does not advocate for any particular political system.

What it has sought to do, rather, is to document and disclose the crimes against humanity to which it is subjected in China. Doing so is not a political act.

It just so happens that the perpetrator of those said abuses is China’s communist party—a very much political entity. Thus, as circumstances would have it, when Falun Gong adherents document acts of torture or murder and name their culprit, they are naming a political entity.

That does not change the nature of the action, nor its motive. It remains every bit as humanitarian in impulse as would a mother crying out for help were someone to kidnap her dear child. Were the kidnapper a local politician, it would not mean she had “turned political” with her cry for help, much less harbored political aspirations. Nor would it imply that her motherly nature had morphed into something less noble. Indeed, her cry would have been motivated by none other than maternal love.

In the same vein, the activist flyers issuing forth from the ranks of Falun Gong are motivated not by a wish for personal gain, much less worldly power. Rather, they bespeak of a concern for the welfare of fellow human beings who they know to be suffering and at risk. It is an act of compassion, and fully consistent with, if not informed by, the teachings of Falun Gong.

The same holds true even in perhaps the most seemingly political of gestures. For instance, when Falun Gong adherents hand out copies of the Nine Commentaries—an expose of China’s communist party—that act is similarly spawned. It is rooted in a concern for the well-being of others, namely fellow Chinese.

Ditto for lawsuits against key Chinese officials identified with the persecution. They seek not to “bring down” some hefty politician, but to curb acts of inhumanity carried out at his order. If he desists in his ways, the suit will have the added effect of having ultimately been for that official’s own good as well.

If the ramifications of such acts are political—such as diminished appeal for the Party—that is but one of multiple effects, and not that effort’s purpose.

Here is the information, It is your freedom to think what you will.[/quote]

Yes I know that link. I posted it earlier. And it says they’re not political. But you have said, and I have witnessed them being political.

So are they lying on the website as in the link above where it says they’re not political when clearly they are?

What do you mean sign up?

[quote=“cfimages”]
So are they lying on the website as in the link above where it says they’re not political when clearly they are?[/quote]

Not true, I did not say that.
I think
Falun Gong as a group has no political aspiration
, but as an individual person, a Falun gong practitioner may support a political party when the vote day comes. In the same country, different practitioners may support different political parties.

I think that some Falun Gong practitioners asking the politicians to help to stop the evil persecution is not political activity.
if you do think it is, it is also not wrong because Falun Gong practitioners as well as you have political rights.

Can you tell me more about the galaxy sized girls and the head mirrors?

I wish I could float, let alone fly.

There are different views about why Falun Gong was banned and why practicioners are persecuted. The Falun Gong version (and that of many in the West) is that the Chinese government felt intimidated by its huge popularity (70 million followers), and that Jiang Zemin personally made the decision to defeat FLG for various reasons. The other side of the story is that followers started to put pressure on media which reported negatively about FLG by staging demonstrations, and finally putting pressure on the central government by demonstrating in Beijing on April 25, 1999.

Read this and make up your own mind.

http://falungongpolitics.blogspot.tw/2006/08/why-falun-gong-was-banned-in-china.html

I personally think there is truth in all these conflicting reports.

The Falun Gong movement obviously became too popular, too fast, Mr Li went too far in promising whatever he was promising and the protesters went too far demanding media to refrain from reporting negatively about them (protesting at Zhongnanhai? well they really asked for it). On the other side, I believe the government grew increasingly uncomfortable with this growing movement and they used stories about practicioners dying because of refusing medical treatment believing that the practice would cure them and the protests in Beijing as welcome excuses to ban the movement. Once you crackdown, you need to crackdown hard, so I believe lots of the stories about detention, torture, even organ harvesting are partly true, maybe a bit exaggarated.

I kind of feel sorry for the Falun Gong followers, cause basically most of them just want to practice their routines and become better human beings. Maybe they shouldn’t follow a leader, some average man from some province in China who started his own religious movement by putting together elements from different religions and martial arts and who probably went a bit overboard with his bizarre theories about the universe and his promises to those following him (and who bolted to the US before things became too hot in China).

And my advice for FLG praticioners, especially those in China who are not to allowed do what they want to do, would be: do Qigong, Taichi, Yoga etc. for your physical health and combine that with Buddhist, Taoist etc. meditation for your spiritual growth, cause in essence that is what Mr. Li did, as far as I can tell. He borrowed elements from different religions and martial arts to create something new, and paired it with his own theories which, to put it mildly, aren’t that inspiring, more confusing than anything, really.

More information here:

[quote]1996
As Falun Gong becomes more popular, early signs of state oppression appear. Shortly after they are named bestsellers, Falun Gong books are banned form publication. The first major state-run media article criticizing Falun Gong appears in the Guangming Daily on June 17. Mr. Li moves to the United States.

The Public Security Bureau conducts an investigation into whether Falun Gong should be deemed an “evil cult,” but the investigation concludes: “no evidence found thus far.” (report)

1998-1999
Police disrupt routine morning Falun Gong exercise sessions in parks and search the homes of Falun Gong adherents who help organize group activities.

Attacks on Falun Gong continue in state-run media. The Falun Gong respond to the critiques by visiting, and sometimes petitioning outside, the local newspaper or television stations in order to explain what Falun Gong is and clear their reputation. Such events take place in Beijing, Tianjin, Guangzhou, and other major cities.

Chinese media and government surveys report that at least 70 million people in China practice Falun Gong. (report)

April 1999
He Zuoxiu, a prominent Marxist-atheist, disparages Falun Gong and qigong in general in a Tianjin college magazine. Local Falun Gong gather in Tianjin, asking the magazine to repair the damage done to their reputation.

Although the gathering is peaceful, on April 23 and 24, riot police is sent, 45 practitioners are arrested and some are beaten. When practitioners ask Tianjin authorities to release those who were arrested, they are told that the orders came from Beijing; if they want to petition, they were told, they must go to the capital.

April 25, 1999
The following day, on April 25, over 10,000 adherents from Beijing, nearby Tianjin, and other cities in the area gather outside the State Council Office of Petitions in Beijing.

The office is located right next door to Zhongnanhai, the Communist Party leaders’ residential compound. In spite of the Party’s later accusation that the Falun Gong “seized” Zhongnanhai, the gathering is actually remarkably peaceful and orderly, with adherents keeping entrances, exits, and footpaths clear – as also reported by Western media.

Adherents request that those arrested in Tianjin be released, that the ban on publishing Falun Gong books be lifted, and that they be able to resume their practice without government interference.

Then-Prime Minister Zhu Rongji meets with Falun Gong representatives in his office. By the end of the day, those arrested in Tianjin are released and the gathering quietly disperses.

Within hours, however, then-Communist Party leader Jiang Zemin opposes Zhu’s assuaging position, and states that if it cannot defeat Falun Gong, the Party will become a “laughing stock.” (report

That is not true
Read here please:

faluninfo.net/topic/25/

That is not true
Read here please:

faluninfo.net/topic/25/[/quote]

Sorry, but I don’t think karma is something Mr. Li came up with himself, nor is meditation or qigong.

That is not true
Read here please:

faluninfo.net/topic/25/[/quote]

Sorry, but I don’t think karma is something Mr. Li came up with himself, nor is meditation or qigong.[/quote]

He might have come up with the galaxy sized girls and the head mirrors though. That’s why I want to hear more about them, but it seems like Benjamin isn’t going to talk about them.

[quote=“Benjamin K”][quote=“cfimages”]
So are they lying on the website as in the link above where it says they’re not political when clearly they are?[/quote]

Not true, I did not say that.
I think
Falun Gong as a group has no political aspiration
, but as an individual person, a Falun gong practitioner may support a political party when the vote day comes. In the same country, different practitioners may support different political parties.

I think that some Falun Gong practitioners asking the politicians to help to stop the evil persecution is not political activity.
if you do think it is, it is also not wrong because Falun Gong practitioners as well as you have political rights.[/quote]

I’m not talking about individuals. I’m talking about organized group activity.

I want to get a refund on me mirror.

I knew quite a lot on Qi Gong,meditation, Buddhism and Daoism before I practise Falun Dafa.

If you do not know how evil the communist party is, it is difficult for you to undersatnd the situation.

faluninfo.net/category/52/

Alright, let’s forget about the mirrors for the time being. Can you tell us anything about these galaxy sized girls?

To read more:
theepochtimes.com/n2/china-n … 34112.html

Okay, when I google “galaxy-sized girls” all I get is this thread. Is this really a thing? Name your source!

I want to know if I can have dual head mirrors, and at the same time still be eligible for galaxy-sized girls. Benjamin?

[quote=“hannes”]
The Falun Gong movement obviously became too popular, too fast, [/quote]

Don’t you think it is good for any society that more people will become good persons?