Falun Dafa is good

[quote=“hannes”]
I wonder whether the healing effects that practicioners of FLG seem to enjoy could also be achieved by simple doing Qigong and Buddhist meditation without believing in what Mr. Li has to say.[/quote]

No, I had tried different Qigong and meditation, those did have some effect, but not so great as Falun Gong.

[quote=“Benjamin K”][quote=“hannes”]
I wonder whether the healing effects that practicioners of FLG seem to enjoy could also be achieved by simple doing Qigong and Buddhist meditation without believing in what Mr. Li has to say.[/quote]

No, I had tried different Qigong and meditation, those did have some effect, but not so great as Falun Gong.[/quote]

Would you change to something else if something else promises to be even greater? Or do you think there won’t be anything better than Falun Gong?

Not the same,
Millions of well-educated, smart, intelligent people think that smoking is not good for health, even if they do smoke.
So they are not fooled or cheated by smoking.

[quote=“hannes”][quote=“Benjamin K”][quote=“hannes”]

No, I had tried different Qigong and meditation, those did have some effect, but not so great as Falun Gong.[/quote]

Would you change to something else if something else promises to be even greater? Or do you think there won’t be anything better than Falun Gong?[/quote]

It is not a question of promising, people have brain, people have the ability to know what is good for their health.
Especially in China, Chinese have the painful experiment to be fooled by communist party and Mao, so it is not easy to let Chinese really believe in sth, isn’t it?

As a truth-searcher, I had spent many years to find the truth.

You sometimes don’t give straight answers to simply questions.

Would you ever try something else than Falun Gong? Would you consider stopping Falung Gong, temporarily perhaps, to try something different, which might be even greater?

[quote=“hannes”]You sometimes don’t give straight answers to simply questions.

Would you ever try something else than Falun Gong? Would you consider stopping Falung Gong, temporarily perhaps, to try something different, which might be even greater?[/quote]

As a truth-searcher, I had spent many years to find the truth.(Including trying different Qi Gong, meditation and others)

[quote=“Benjamin K”][quote=“hannes”]You sometimes don’t give straight answers to simply questions.

Would you ever try something else than Falun Gong? Would you consider stopping Falung Gong, temporarily perhaps, to try something different, which might be even greater?[/quote]

As a truth-searcher, I had spent many years to find the truth.(Including trying different Qi Gong, meditation and others)[/quote]

Have you tried Agni Yoga?

Have you tried Ananda yoga?

[quote=“Dr Jellyfish”][quote=“Benjamin K”][quote=“hannes”]You sometimes don’t give straight answers to simply questions.

As a truth-searcher, I had spent many years to find the truth.(Including trying different Qi Gong, meditation and others)[/quote]

Have you tried Agni Yoga?[/quote]

I think I understand Yoga.

[quote=“Benjamin K”][quote=“hannes”]You sometimes don’t give straight answers to simply questions.

Now, that was a great straight answer…

Yes, but do you understand… cut paste Anusara Yoga?

Changing the subject. Now that you’ve found the truth - can you tell me what colour it is?

Er, Dr. Jellyfish? You know about Agni Yoga…? Or did you pick it at random?

(Which Roerich painting is your favorite?)

EDIT: Okay, I’m an idiot. You’re just going down the alphabet… If anybody cares, AY is not really the kind of yoga that most people think of when they think of yoga. No postures, for instance. It’s an offshoot of Theosophy founded by Nicholas and Helena Roerich.

Picked it at random (alphabetical order).

I do know about Roerich’s work though. I like a lot of his paintings, “Steps to the Himalays” is one of my favorites.

I think what most “followers” actually practice here is highly commendable,if it does not interfere with peoples lives. Like most “religions” or paths to Spiritual Enlightenment,it involves peaceful Meditation. Fine.
The reason I could not follow you on this Path is ,partly,because I believe your Man in Charge,based on his beliefs,is a complete Fruitcake…as here:

In an interview with Time Magazine Asia, 10 May, 1999, he was quite specific about the role of aliens in the present troubled times.

TIME: Why does chaos reign now?
Li: Of course there is not just one reason. The biggest cause of society’s change today is that people no longer believe in orthodox religion. They go to church, but they no longer believe in god. They feel free to do anything. The second reason is that since the beginning of this century, aliens have begun to invade the human mind and its ideology and culture.
TIME: Where do they come from?
Li: The aliens come from other planets. The names that I use for these planets are different. Some are from dimensions that human beings have not yet discovered. The key is how they have corrupted mankind. Everyone knows that from the beginning until now, there has never been a development of culture like today. Although it has been several thousand years, it has never been like now.
The aliens have introduced modern machinery like computers and aeroplanes. They started by teaching mankind about modern science, so people believe more and more science, and spiritually, they are controlled. Everyone thinks that scientists invent on their own when in fact their inspiration is manipulated by the aliens. In terms of culture and spirit, they already control man. Mankind cannot live without science.
The ultimate purpose is to replace humans. If cloning human beings succeeds, the aliens can officially replace humans. Why does a corpse lie dead, even though it is the same as a living body? The difference is the soul, which is the life of the body. If people reproduce a human person, the gods in heaven will not give its body a human soul. The aliens will take that opportunity to replace the human soul and by doing so they will enter earth and become earthlings. When such people grow up, they will help replace humans with aliens. They will produce more and more clones. There will no longer be humans reproduced by humans. They will act like humans, but they will introduce legislation to stop human reproduction."

I fully understand the Merits of SOME of what you are doing…I ,and maybe others here,are having a hard time when you propose that XY or Z can not be stupid,in believing this,as they are Famous or a Scientist etc.???.
In conclusion…Happy for you to practice whatever you want ,just don’t post a thread proposing it is “GOOD” ,when that may not be the opinion of many here. I am aware that you have many followers but that is not pertinent to my point.
Beliefs IMO are better kept to yourself…I shall not post here again as it is a "no win " situation for both of us. I genuinely wish you peace and happiness.

Do you think you know better Qigong, Taichi than this Tai-chi master in New York City who first introduced Tai-chi to the United States?

[quote]
I had been teaching Tai chi and studying various Qigong practices for more than 40 years when I started looking into Falun Dafa. I now tell all my students to practice Falun Dafa.
Mr. Da Liu, age 95, Tai-chi master in New York City who first introduced Tai-chi to the United States

Author of several books on health and longevity[/quote]

en.minghui.org/emh/download/info … ences.html

Do you think you know Qigong better than this very famous person? He is a Falun Gong practitioner now. Here is the interview.

[quote]Today, we have with us a
Kung Fu master, a celebrity in martial arts and qigong circles. He not only has remarkable martial arts skills, but has also made great effort with theoretical studies into the subject matter. He also is a well-known expert in the fields of Chinese medicine. He is Mr. Li Youfu.

Mr. Li started to practice martial arts at an early age. During the Cultural Revolution, while still in secondary school, Li secretly looked for a master to learn martial arts. During this rarely experienced cultural catastrophe, Li studied and practiced diligently, and laid a solid foundation in the area of his interests. Under the guidance of great teachers, Li learned about different types of Chinese boxing and about martial arts weapons. He had won first prize in many national martial arts competitions. In 1984, as a martial arts graduate student from the Shanxi University, Li was among the first in China to obtain a Masters Degree in martial arts.

Yu Xin: Hello Mr. Li Youfu. You are well known in martial arts circles. How does it make you feel being the chair of the panel of judges, selected for the International Chinese Traditional Martial Arts Competition organized by the New Tang Dynasty Television (NTDTV)?

Li Youfu: Please, do not call me Master. I think I merely have some experience in this discipline. I think that traditional Chinese martial art is very profound and is highly significant. I lived in Mainland China for many years and I was involved in several martial arts tournaments. In my believe, a completely new global Chinese traditional martial arts competition is not something an ordinary person can organize, as it is based on the true tradition. The competition aims to promote Chinese culture and display true martial art values to the world. It clearly understood that moral is at the fundament of martial arts. It is without doubt true that without martial arts morals, ones skills will not improve. Today, as the competition is over, I feel it is a great success, and everyone is very excited.

Mr. Li also have a title that is associate researcher of China Human Body Science Research Center. We will talk about how Mr. Li Youpu became a well-known person in the Chinese medicine field and also a very famous Chinese medicine practitioner and Chinese medicine Ph.D
? We will have Mr. Li Youpu tell us his experience in our next program. Thank you very much audience for watching our program and we will see you next time…[/quote]

ntdtv.com/xtr/gb/2009/01/08/ … BC%89.html

Do you think you know better Buddhism than these nuns? They are now Falun Gong practitioners.

[quote]At the rally site, we found two practitioners named Shi Zhengtong and Shi Ruxuan, both from Taiwan. Shi Zhengtong said that
in Taiwan, there were more than 10 monks or nuns who had become Falun Dafa practitioners.
She told us that the Taiwan government and many residents knew Falun Dafa very well. Upon seeing that the CCP has been using all available resources to defame Falun Gong and many Chinese people being deceived, she decided to come to the U.S. to support this event. Shi Ruxuan, who had been a Buddhist nun since early childhood, said: “Buddhist scriptures have predicted that Falun Dafa will spread today to save people, and some of those who know the scriptures well started cultivating in Falun Gong quite naturally.”[/quote]

en.minghui.org/emh/articles/2005/7/30/63423.html

I think It is ok for you to understand that Falun Gong is not harmful to you, your familly, and the society. Because Falun Gong practitioners try to be good persons, better persons.

I think it is one’s freedom to believe or not believe in sth.

If you do not hate or oppose Falun Gong and Falun Gong practitioners. That is already “two win”!

Peace and happiness!

Yes. [/quote]

If you think he is foolish. It should be easy for you who is not foolish to gain an Olympics medal, isn’t it?[/quote]

Do you think this conversation is foolish? [/quote]

I am sorry if my question makes you unhappy.
I think if a foolish person can reach certain achievement, a wise person can certainly achieve similar or better achievement. If not, what is the difference between a wise person and a foolish one?

He received an award from the king for being a successful entrepreneur, however you think he is foolish, if so it should be easy for you who is not foolish to get an award from Queen in Britain. Isn’t it?
[/quote]

That’s such an epically stupid thing to post, I just can’t engage with it. Good luck.
[/quote]

I am very very sorry if my question makes you unhappy again. But I think if a foolish person can reach certain achievement, a wise person can certainly achieve similar or better achievement. If not, what is the difference between a wise person and a foolish one according to you?